Weta Workshop 2016 Black Friday Sale. Nov. 24th-Nov. 28th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApeManRyan

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title reads the annual black Friday sale will be coming and here's a list of things that will be on sale. Great stuff this year.

Ryan

header2.jpg
Here's a list of the deals you can expect over Black Friday weekend.

Sale from noon 24 Nov PST to noon 28 Nov PST, or while stocks last. All deals are subject to change. Deals will be available at wetaworkshop.com/shop

-- Deals --
•Minimum 15% off all products storewide -- CODE: BLACK15
•15% off all Wingnut Wings
•Selected environments and dioramas - 2 for USD$200
The Fellowship of the Ring Set 2, The Fellowship of the Ring Set 3, Gates to Erebor, The Green Dragon Inn, The White Council Chamber, Bag End Open Edition
•30% off Balrog statue
•30% off selected DVDs and DVD sets
Planet of the Apes: Blu-ray collector's set with Caesar bust; Jane and the Dragon: Dragon Diva, Dragon Rules, Foul Weather Friends, Knight Light, Last of the Dragon; The WotWots: Australia, Chameleon, Flamingo, Peacock, Tiger, Zebra
•30% off selected Hobbit jewellery
Thranduil's Ring, Acorn Pendant, Black Arrow Pendant
•30% off selected LOTR jewellery
Aragorn's Ring, Elven Leaf Pendant, Nenya - Galadriel's Ring, Sting Pendant
•30% off selected prop replicas and weapons
Knives of Nori the Dwarf, The Black Arrow, Dr Grordbort's Saboteur 66, Tauriel's bow and arrow
•30% off Thunderbirds jewellery
•30% off Warcraft jewellery
•50% off selected prop replica weapons
Dwalin's Axes, Balin's Mace
•50% off Hobbit holes
•50% off Krampus figures
•50% off selected Middle-earth character rings
Thorin's Ring, Thror's Ring, The One Ring (tungsten, without inscription)
•60% off Tintin figures
•Selected 1:6 and 1:10 scale figures - 2 for USD$200
Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Dwalin, Gloin, Kili, Nori, Oin, Ori, Bilbo, Thorin Oakenshield Exclusive Edition, Gollum Enraged and Orgrim 1:10
•Selected 1:6 scale figures - 2 for USD$400
King Thror on Throne, Yazneg Statue, Faramir, Azog Commander of Legions, Gandalf the Grey, Legolas, Radagast, Saruman, Elrond, Eowyn, Uruk-hai Warrior
•Bookmarks - 2 for USD$15
•Keyrings - 2 for USD$10
•Tea-towels - 2 for USD$15
•Barrel riders - 4 for USD$100 / 2 for USD$69 -- CODE: BARREL2 | BARREL4
•Selected mini figures - 3 for USD$150
Arwen, Strider, Smaug King Under the Mountain, Frodo in Tree, Gandalf, Gollum, Ringwraith (Does not apply to Dol Guldur range)
•Selected art prints - 5 for USD$100
Gates to Erebor, Baggins of Hobbiton, Eagles' Rescue, Map of East Farthing, Flight to the Ford, Riddles in the Dark, Dawn Counsel at Rivendell, Map of Hobbiton, Smaug over Laketown, An Unexpected Journey, When all other lights go out, Thorin's Map Parchment Art Print, Lineage of Durin, Map of the Shire, NZ Map of Middle-earth, Sunrise upon Edoras, Disturber of the Peace, The Argonath, Battle of the Peak, Parchment map of Middle-earth
•Magnets - 5 for USD$20
•Collectible pins - 5 for USD$35
•Selected trolls - 3 for USD$150 / 2 for USD$80 -- CODE: 2TROLLS | 3TROLLS
•Caps - USD$10 each
•All 3 Warcraft 1:6 scale weapons for USD$99
•Hobbit Chronicles books - 2 for USD$50
•Leather cuffs - 2 for USD$40
•Mini Grordbort's weapons - 2 for USD$60
•Postcard books - buy 1 get 1 free
•Selected books - USD$15 each
The Art of The Adventures of Tintin, Letters from Father Christmas, LOTR Location Guidebook (Extended Edition), LOTR Location Guide Revised Edition, Smaug: Unleashing the Dragon, Dr Grordbort's Triumph
•All tees - 2 for USD$50
•Stone pendants - buy 1 get 1 free
•Purchase Thorin's Map prop replica + Key to Erebor for USD$100

-- Reverse Auctions --

In a reverse auction, the price of the product will drop at regular intervals until the max number of units has been sold.
•Minas Tirith - Limited to 50 units.
Commences Thur 24 Nov at noon PST.
•Dr Grordbort's Manmelter 3600zx – Limited to 15 units.
Commences Fri 25 Nov at noon PST.
•Smaug bust - Limited to 50 units.
Commences Sat 26 Nov at noon PST.
•Dr Grordbort's Victorious Mongoose – Limited to 25 units.
Commences Sun 27 Nov at noon PST.
•Bilbo's contract prop replica – Limited to 10 units.
Commences Mon 28 Nov at noon PST.
•Smaug the Terrible statue – Limited to 50 units.
Commences Mon 28 Nov at 2pm PST.

-- Terms and Conditions --
•No other discounts will apply during the sale
•Weta Dollars may be used during the sale.
•The 15% storewide discount excludes items on pre-order or back-order
•The 15% storewide discount excludes items already part of another offer
•Any bespoke or manual order items such as 1:1 scale figures, The Master Swordsmith’s Collection and 18K One Ring are excluded from the sale.
•All offers are valid from noon 24 Nov PST to noon 28 Nov PST or while stocks last.
•Payment Plans will not be available during the sale
•Only one discount coupon can be used in any single order
•One customer can place multiple orders if they wish

Some good deals on that list.
After shortening my real wants and re-watching some vids on youtube, I really want the one thing not on the list. Smaug Bust. :lol
Bag End and Uruk swordsman are my top wants, some prints possibly.

Balrog deal looks good but I'm just not 100% sold and before I blow that wad of $ and/or Weta$ I'm gonna wait.
At least until I see what Prime 1 is doing.

Some good deals on that list.
After shortening my real wants and re-watching some vids on youtube, I really want the one thing not on the list. Smaug Bust. :lol
Bag End and Uruk swordsman are my top wants, some prints possibly.

Balrog deal looks good but I'm just not 100% sold and before I blow that wad of $ and/or Weta$ I'm gonna wait.
At least until I see what Prime 1 is doing.
The Smaug bust will be discounted through that reverse auction. Don't wait on a 1/4 Balrog from P1, it may happen, but that thing would be at least 5K.

The Smaug bust will be discounted through that reverse auction. Don't wait on a 1/4 Balrog from P1, it may happen, but that thing would be at least 5K.

How does that reverse auction work?

Not really waiting on a Balrog from P1 (right about the $ being high), more waiting to see what they put out. If it's Sauron first and it's as good their other lines I will have to consider it. Right now for me it's deciding on how to drop the next large chunk of $ on my next ME/LOTR purchase.

Every 30 minutes they drop the price a designated amount until all pieces are sold. For the previous Balrog one, they dropped it $50 every 30 minutes.

Is there a counter that tells you how many units are left so you know when to jump in? Or does everyone that "bids" gets the final lowest price?

So when you "bid" you are pretty much purchasing at that price..but there is a chance that it will sell for lower if you keep waiting because you don't know how many have sold so far?

Correct. There is no counter, and there is no countdown. You just need to refresh the page at each interval and the price will be updated and dropped. Then if it's at a price you want to pay for it, you buy it for that price. If not, you wait to see if it drops again and hopefully there are still some left without the allotted amount selling out. Basically it's a waiting game.

I will say I'm also interested in the Art Prints, Barrel Riders and some of the figures and environments. Krampus stuff I'm still tempted but heard they will not continue making the line.

Gonna try for Minas Tirith and Smaug bust auctions. With $160 in Weta $'s it might be worth it.

Already got my bust, but I will be looking for a MT as well. Hopefully can snag one under $400. I assume it will be eligible for the 15% off also in case we wait too long, so even $510 is not terrible, but still a bit more than I want to go.

Already got my bust, but I will be looking for a MT as well. Hopefully can snag one under $400. I assume it will be eligible for the 15% off also in case we wait too long, so even $510 is not terrible, but still a bit more than I want to go.

Yah, I'm hoping I get get MT for $400 or less. Smaug bust for under $300 if possible. Any more discount would be great on either but will have to wait and see. The storewide 15% isn't bad and made me consider others like Beorns house, 30% on the Balrog too... lots to consider.

Yah, I'm hoping I get get MT for $400 or less. Smaug bust for under $300 if possible. Any more discount would be great on either but will have to wait and see. The storewide 15% isn't bad and made me consider others like Beorns house, 30% on the Balrog too... lots to consider.

It's a little odd that they are starting the Smaug bust at $389 when it is roughly $339 with the 15% off. Perhaps they are thinking some people will forget about that 15% off discount and grab it before it gets that low during the auction. Unless the $389 in the ad is a typo.

Back