Its awful dead in here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtrax

Super Freak
Reaction score
Years ago this forum used to be buzzing with new Hot Toys releases. But now that they are focused on Star Wars, DC comics and Marvel the spotlight seems to have gone off the Aliens and Robots forum.

I wish we could go back to the days when Hot Toys focused on the older 80s Sci-Fi licenses but sadly i don't think that's ever gonna happen again. The wait in between releases from older licenses is agonizing now and looking at the release list from the last few years its been slim pickings. We're still waiting on the Alien Ripley and i dunno how long ago it was since we seen a release from the Terminator movies(not counting Genisys). Sure we got an Aliens Warrior figure but the poor craftsmanship and quality of the figure makes me feel as though Hot Toys just aren't trying with the older licenses anymore.

I feel there's still a lot Hot Toys could do with the older licenses such as Predator, Robocop, Aliens and Terminator. They could redo the Aliens Colonial Marines, give us a new Ripley with powerloader, an Alien Queen or even a Bishop figure. Or what about an APC or Dropship from the Aliens movie? That would be the icing on the cake. On the Terminator and Robocop front i'd d like to see a Robocop 2 figure being attempted and would love to see a Cain figure.

With regard to the Terminator/T2 movies i'd love to see a 1984 Endo being made and would even buy a John Connor figure or how bout a motorcycle being released for the Terminator figures Hot Toys were selling just a few years back. With the Predator i really wish they'd make the whole extraction crew of Billy, Arnie, Mac, Poncho, Dillon, Hawkins and Blaine not to mention how much we'd all welcome a new 2016 jungle hunter. I'd even buy a 1/4 scale version of this.

This is all wishful thinking of course but somewhere somehow i'm hoping Hot Toys will change course and go back to their roots.

Neca seems to have stolen Hot Toys thunder on the Aliens and Terminator licenses but i dunno how you guys feel about it is it time to look elsewhere for 1/6 older movie licenses or keep the faith with Hot Toys?

Last edited:
Years ago this forum used to be buzzin with new hot toys releases.

Yes, so much so that one single monster thread begat an entire section (Aliens & Robots).

But that was 10 years ago. Yes, 10. And a lot has changed. That was before the Great Marvel onslaught. Before Disney got Star Wars. Before Ledger's Joker.

Now.... this is a wasteland of memories.... of old souls pining for their decades old franchises from far more creative times.

But now, the Alien and the Terminator have become like Dracula and Frankenstein -- too familiar... too common... from comic books and toys... people here can tell you the most intricate details of a creature that should never be known. AVP is like your grandfather's 'Abbot and Costello meet the Werewolf'. Can you not see a time where these "Famous Monsters" grace the screen in some horrible Seth Rogan comedy? Where he gets high with the Alien... or dances "the robot" with the Terminator. It's just a matter of time.

These monsters are from a generation past. We NEED something new...

It is indeed very dead in here these days. We're left with bumping threads for figures that are 6 or 7 years old. Imagine if they were still talking about the original Iron Man Mark III in the Marvel section, DX07 Luke in the Star Wars section, the original TDK suit Batman in the DC section :lol

I don't care so much anymore though. Hot Toys figures got too expensive and I've been enjoying watching the pile of cash get thicker to a point where getting new toys is almost a nuisance because it interferes with that new money-saving addiction - and I'm just talking about NECA there. If Hot Toys were back in the mix at the prices they are now, ***k.

That's not to say I wouldn't be buying new Hot Toys T1/T2 figures, Colonial Marines etc. Inevitably I wouldn't be able to resist. I don't think that's a situation I'll have to face though.

Last edited:
I kind of just contributed to the problem by caving and buying a Hot Toys Vader. I actually got so bored of not buying any high end figures that I broke and got him. I justify him as an 70s/80s icon alongside Terminator, Robocop and Batman so I figured why not.

Please don't hurt me.

Also, I'd buy a blue Robocop 2 and Caine. Why not.

I kind of just contributed to the problem by caving and buying a Hot Toys Vader. I actually got so bored of not buying any high end figures that I broke and got him. I justify him as an 70s/80s icon alongside Terminator, Robocop and Batman so I figured why not.

Please don't hurt me.

Lol thats exactly the problem i'm having. I get so tired of waiting for anything from the Hot Toys older licenses being released on the aliens and robots forum that i found myself over in the dc comics section putting a deposit on the armoured batman. I don't even remember liking the movie that much either.

True. Though i love star wars, marvel & dc i wish we would get a new rambo figure......hell even predators are getting ignored and i'm still hoping for a wolf and chopper 2.0.

I missed most of the aliens stuff from early hot toys years, I came into this section back when the old mms117 came out, I met a lot of cool folks in this section, people who years later are still friends so slow or not I still lurk here. Having never had a hot toys alien I made the purchase yesterday using rewards points, I know its got a lot of well deserved flak but still looking forward to it.

I almost got an Affleck Batman despite hating the movie but thankfully the one I wanted sold out (the regular look) and isn't available anymore. I was actually relieved. :lol

Hot Toys isn't even that great anymore. They peaked a couple of years ago. Most of their figures are so restrictive, especially when you compare them to smaller figures that can be posed in a variety of ways. I'm not really seeing any improvements from them in any area, they're not evolving. Even with the Star Wars and superhero stuff. I can't believe how excited people are about the Affleck Batman saying it's the best figure ever when it is basically the same type of Batman Hot Toys has been doing, albeit with a slightly more poseable body, no rubber and a paper cape. His faces still look so unnatural and the armored Batman in particular is the epitome of their needless rubber fetish that they have. Maybe it's a blessing that they're not really doing anything with these Alien and robots lines. A new Terminator would just be like the crappy and basic MMS 238 I bet. As far as designs go, they've made it loud and clear they'll never get past restrictive, deteriorating rubber like ED-209 or the Alien Warrior. Likeness wise? Sculpts probably wouldn't be any better than that awful looking Ripley, so no loss there.

Best "Aliens and Robots" thing they've done to my mind is Damaged Robocop and Murphy. They actually put effort into that set.

Last edited:
Damaged Robocop and Murphy are two of the best figures Hot Toys has made in awhile. I'd love to see some more Alien/Aliens figures just to have updated versions of them.

I almost got an Affleck Batman despite hating the movie but thankfully the one I wanted sold out (the regular look) and isn't available anymore. I was actually relieved. :lol

Hot Toys isn't even that great anymore. They peaked a couple of years ago. Most of their figures are so restrictive, especially when you compare them to smaller figures that can be posed in a variety of ways. I'm not really seeing any improvements from them in any area, they're not evolving. Even with the Star Wars and superhero stuff. I can't believe how excited people are about the Affleck Batman saying it's the best figure ever when it is basically the same type of Batman Hot Toys has been doing, albeit with a slightly more poseable body, no rubber and a paper cape. His faces still look so unnatural and the armored Batman in particular is is the epitome of their needless rubber fetish that they have. Maybe it's a blessing that they're not really doing anything with these Alien and robots lines. A new Terminator would just be like the crappy and basic MMS 238 I bet. As far as designs go, they've made it loud and clear they'll never get past restrictive, detoxifying rubber like ED-209 or the Alien Warrior. Likeness wise? Sculpts probably wouldn't be any better than that awful looking Ripley, so no loss there.

Best "Aliens and Robots" thing they've done to my mind is Damaged Robocop and Murphy. They actually put effort into that set.

I agree totally with you on the battle damaged Robocop and Murphy set and that is funnily enough the most annoying thing about HT. They can produce near perfect figures when they put in the effort. I can just imagine what they'd do to a Colonial Marines set if given the chance but they seem more focused on Star Wars, Marvel and DC comics. Those forums are popping right now with a new figure on them almost every few weeks, sometimes weekly. Its crazy but saddening also that they have neglected the very thing that once made them so popular.

Last edited:
That black armored super Trooper thing from Rogue One got three seperate, dedicated releases to it alone.

Please don't hurt me.

Anything I've bought since the Robocop stuff I've ended up selling (Marty McFly), putting in my FS thread (Pops T-800), or at least considered selling (Batman Returns)...and I will tend to take a loss on anything I sell so I'm done with Hot Toys impulse purchasing.

Anything I've bought since the Robocop stuff I've ended up selling (Marty McFly), putting in my FS thread (Pops T-800), or at least considered selling (Batman Returns)...and I will tend to take a loss on anything I sell so I'm done with Hot Toys impulse purchasing.

But adev is this because you have gained hot toys apathy over the years or was it just impulse buying because they haven't released anything you really want? I mean do you think there's a drop in quality in the figures compared to what you used to get i.e dx figures?

Yup, I got rid of Marty too.

Returns Batman is another super disappointing release, but I'm keeping it since I have all the other Burton Batman stuff. I may sell him off if/when NECA makes a 1/4 Returns Batman and 7" versions of Catwoman, Penguin and Batman though. Hot Toys gives little incentive on keeping the Returns with no other characters from the line to display him with. Not even sure why they bothered. Same with Alien Ripley and the Aliens Warrior. It's like why bother if you're not going to go all out and do it right.

I've been toying with the idea of selling off most of my Hot Toys Terminators since I have multiples of each one. I made a ton of money off the Nolan Bats stuff I had and it felt better than ever owning any of them did.

Back