Do you buy multiples of the same Figures? Hot Toys, Iron Man, Cap, etc?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMT1677

Freaked Out
Reaction score
How many of the same figure do you buy? I'm not talking about reissues or re-paints. I'm talking about 2 or more of the same figure.(I currently do not have any multiples of Iron Man figures) But right now I'm fighting the urge to buy another Diecast IM3 MK42. It has recently become my favorite armor, edging out the MK7. I know it seems crazy given the prices but......... So anyone out there willing to admit to doubling up on figures? And why?

To the Administration staff, if this topic belongs elsewhere please move it accordingly.

Not Marvel stuff but I've doubled, trebled even quadrupled up on Hot Toys Terminator and Robocop figures.

It's to display multiple looks (or even poses) simultaneously. When I love a movie I feel compelled to do this. I compensate by otherwise collecting very little.

edit - by way of response to the post below mine - I actually realised that trying for variety is the more expensive way to go since theoretically there is no limits as to what makes a collection 'varied', you could be collecting everything and never be satisfied - and go broke in the process.

Last edited:
If I could afford to buy multiples of something, I probably would.

But I also enjoy changing poses fairly frequently, so I'm not sure I'd enjoy displaying two poses and just leaving them that way.

Not typically. If i want to upgrade I sell the prior one. No duplicates with Marvel Hot Toys figures.

With that said, I do have Tatooine Luke and Bespin Luke. I plan to buy a RotJ Luke if/when announced and have VII Luke on pre-order. I also have ANH Han and Chewy with VII Han and Chewy on pre-order.

There is a topic or two like this on the general boards I think... Some pretty cool pictures. You'll find, as a-dev has admitted to, that Terminator is a very popular double-up figure. The multiple head sculpt/damage versions you'll find the serious Terminator collectors will at the very minimum buy two, to pose both main looks the figure was sold for. There are some guys who will buy more and custom the hell out of them for multiple movie scene representations.

I remember a guy also had a lot of Loki's. About 7 or 8 of both figures. Again, you can custom the clothes to show him in different scenes, like civilian suited Loki before the battle with Iron Man and Captain America.

For me, it's not something I'm ever likely to do, although if there was one figure I really, really wanted to do it with, it was DX-13 Terminator. I really want him with the severe damage look.

Not Marvel stuff but I've doubled, trebled even quadrupled up on Hot Toys Terminator and Robocop figures.

It's to display multiple looks (or even poses) simultaneously. When I love a movie I feel compelled to do this. I compensate by otherwise collecting very little.

edit - by way of response to the post below mine - I actually realised that trying for variety is the more expensive way to go since theoretically there is no limits as to what makes a collection 'varied', you could be collecting everything and never be satisfied - and go broke in the process.

This is what I was getting at, one standard, one battle damaged multiple poses and displays. But like others have said it gets pricey!

Terminator and Robocop were relatively limited lines compared to Marvel so I guess it would be a lot more expensive if you're talking about Marvel, Star Wars and DC.

No doubles of the same release just the same character from different releaases. Im thinking of buying another BvS Supes though, one to display with my Armored bats and one to display with the Trinity when WW get released but that would be the only time I bought 2 of the same figure.

No doubles of the same release just the same character from different releaases. Im thinking of buying another BvS Supes though, one to display with my Armored bats and one to display with the Trinity when WW get released but that would be the only time I bought 2 of the same figure.

Same with me. No doubles of the same release but doubles of different releases. The only one that I would say I have that's a close double is battling cap and regular cap but to me they're different enough to have both. Plus I think that's the best cap suit

There are collectors on here who buy multiples and then keep one sealed but it's a pretty small percentage I would think.

There are plenty however that buy multiples of figures like stormtroopers, etc..With Iron Man I have the same suit from different companies/scales, but not exact multiples. I might be tempted to pick up a couple of Iron Legions for the right price though!

Sometimes. Usually when they have a alternate look.

Like DX06 Jack Sparrow. I couldn't imagine just having only 1 of those sets.

I don't get doubles as the hobby is already expensive enough as it is. There's only one exception, I guess, and that's the first Winter Soldier figure. If I ever found a good deal for that one again, I'd probably get it just coz it's my fave figure and I'm kinda paranoid to somehow damage him as i change poses a lot. I already bought some parted out hands and the vest in case the material on mine becomes brittle one day. ^^

One character, or one figure?

Ec6GwDj.gif

Well played sir :)

I try my best to resist unless its a major upgrade and depending on how much I like the character.

Some people also prioritize their collections by variety (one figure per collection) or theme (a lot of multiples). We have Dark Knight fans, Terminator, Predator, Iron Man, and so on... which basically buy every new release and stick to it as a main priority while other figures are easier to pass on. I have a Bruce Lee collection myself - Enterbay, HT, Storm Toys, sadly no space for Blitzway.

Back