Captain Toy Picks... Top Ten Horror Sixth Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting top ten. Predator is definitely a high mark in this genre. Not really getting the complaint about Sideshow doing Jason figures from the various sequels. Clearly they sold well. The smaller 7 inch scales seem to live on that philosophy of sculpting every little nuance of a character, especially in comics and their theatrical counterparts. How many Batmans and Spidermans are in your collection? I think Jason variants fit in quite nicely. Ask NECA. Actually I was hoping Sideshow would fill in the holes from that older Friday the 13th series and give us Part V and Part VIII some day. I guess there's always hope especially since Part V seems to be getting respect these days.

But I'm glad Sideshow is returning to the Horror genre again with Jason and Freddy. I do find it odd they are not giving the new (and considerably pricier) version a removable mask since that has always been a beef with collectors from the original series (FVJ included). I do like your choice from that series. He is a good one on so many different levels although I did think the Part VI and VII figures are honorable mentions.

I definitely agree with the inclusion of Sweeney Todd. What an amazing figure he is. And you're absolutely right. They nailed Depp's likeness to almost scary effect. The Jackson figure was a good nod because that will always be an iconic character in this genre and Hot Toys did that justice. It's hard to deny his inclusion since the video included the legendary Vincent Price.

Nice list and very eclectic which is a good thing in recognizing the wide array of choices in this genre.

Back