1/6 ART + SCIENCE ACTION MAN 50TH Anniversary 12" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just stumbled across these at BBTS, never heard of the company but they look like official Joes:dunno

APS10000.jpg

APS10001.jpg

APS10003.jpg

APS10002.jpg

APS10004.jpg

APS10005.jpg

Those look awesome!
G.I. Joe and Action Man were a great part of my childhood. I loved playing with those toys with my brother, he'd make up elaborate stories and adventures for us to play out. Fantastic toys.

Maybe there making them for the same reason Hasbro didn't do 50th anniversary GI Joes.

Might as well comment on the figures too, since I'm back in the thread. Big fan of old style Joes and would def pickup the scuba diver if the price was lower. Over $100 each is way too much and I can easily see these hitting the clearance section on BBTS down the road. The marketing says made for collectors, but there really isn't much to these things. They should be in the $35-$40 range, but just like Gentle Giant Jumbos, they have priced these way too high killing the line right out of the gate. If your gonna make it for collectors, then go all out like what they did for the SGT ROCK years ago. Now this is a collectors set in old Joe fashion :lecture

139_l.jpg

That is an awesome looking set for sure and I agree with you on the price point, these Art + science Action man figures did seem overpriced to me as well, I remember when Walmart released the basic 60's era figures with kung fu grip in 2008 for 10 dollars a pop I scooped them up like they were going out of style. While that price point was lower than expected these are way higher than is called for at nearly 60 dollars for a same exact basic figure. Sure its 8 years later but a nearly 600% price increase is crazy.

DiD produced the 40th Action Man sets, these look far better because they don't have the 40th's goggle eyes.

Nope :lol These things never dropped in price and are sitting in stock at BBTS.

Yeah I think that's part of the issue, these are overpriced to start with.

I picked up the football player and the soldier basic figure and wouldn't recommend them. The heads are squished and the paint job, though clean, makes them look like as if they're wearing lipstick.

Thanks for that, I'm not a fan of the squishy head thing, I was considering the diver as I don't have one in my collection but 90 dollars or over a 100 shipped for a figure I got from Walmart in 2011 for 10 dollars is just not adding up.

Back