Which Civil War figures did you end up getting or preordeing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just finished watching Civil War again while also reposing and rearranging my 1/6 collection on my Marvel shelf and it occurred to me that I only ordered two figures from Civil War. If I hadn't already gotten versions of some characters that I was already very pleased with I am sure I would have picked up more. I'm pleased with my AOU Cap, though if I missed it I wouldn't have hesitated picking up the Civil War version. I also like my WS Black Widow figure and feel no need to "upgrade", and my AOU Hawkeye is my favorite costume for that character. I also have the New Avenger AOU Scarlet Witch and so I don't feel the need to pick up the SW version (again, if I missed the one had I could have been very happy with the SW version). I didn't pick up CW Iron Man because I am not a big Iron Man collector, only having the Diecast MkIII, and Mk33, and I decided to put my money toward preordering the Diecast MkVI instead. I am surprising flirting with the idea of picking up the MkXLVI Power Pose though as a way to maybe getting a version of that figure (even if limited) on a budget. I'll wait to people get this in hand though to make my final decision knowing that version of the armor I can live without.

So in the end though I only (pre)ordered two Civil War figures. The first one was Falcon. I held off on the WS version and I am glad I did because I like the red "hero" colors better. The second Civil War figured I (pre)ordered (actualy first day waitlisted so hopefully I get it) is MK3 War Machine. This one is an upgrade from my Mk2, which I will probably let go if my Mk3 converts. Anyway, I just think this is an interesting pair to get from Civil War. One on each side of "team Cap" verses "team IM", both a predominant sidekick coming into their own to Cap and IM, both have in the comics taken on the mantel of the heroes they follow, both very "military" in gear with military backgrounds, and both African American men leading the way to create a more diverse Marvel universe. So, I'm please with the two Civil War figures I ended up ordering.

Others I passed on:

I passed on CW Winter Soldier because he just doesn't come with the badass gear like the version as the CW version. That is the version I wished I had picked up. We'll see what they do with the character in future movies, so I'll just wait and see for some future version or pick up a CW version after market if I can get a good deal for one (but I don't want to break the bank for it.)

Black Panther because I am waiting for his solo movie. I just get the feeling it will be an improved version and will still be very iconic and classic true to the comics because it will be his first solo movie.

Ant Man, because for right now I'll settle for a tiny plastic version. I liked the solo movie version best even though I didn't get it either. Maybe in a few years I'll pick a 1/6 version of him up if they do an Ant Man and Wasp from Ant Man's sequel.

So what did others end up picking up or preordering from the Civil War line and why?

I picked up cap and bucky because they look great posed together, Also preordered Iron Man, and currently on the waitlist for war machine, I want to mimic the final fight with cap buck and IM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to end up buying every single one it seems. I may pass on Black Panther just because I think there will be better versions down the line. So far I have Cap, Widow and Hawkeye. I'm going to get Bucky, SW, Falcon, and possibly Ant-Man. Mk46 is a maybe too because it's so far away and I still love the mk 43

I like your line of thinking, Jaymas!

I too picked and chose when it came to CW. I really only have room to have one version of a particular character on display at any given time, so I have a thing for finding what I think is a good representation of a character across the board - their standard "look." That is, of course, easier with some than others. I also usually *try* to avoid the first release of a character, since there's usually significant changes between the first and second costumes and HT usually makes significant improvements in between those two (See: Thor, Cap, BW). HT has gotten better over the years at that, but that doesn't change the fact that the design usually makes a big jump (See: Falcon, SW, Cap, for example).

For me, I ended up with ordering Cap, SW, and Falcon.

I have the full line up from the first Avengers movie, and still think BW, Hawkeye, and IM Mk VII look great. Didn't see any need to upgrade those. I like the new Hawkeye costume better, but his older look is still what he's worn MOST of the time, so it's a better representation of the character to me. I have WS Bucky as well and think he looks more representative of the character than the CW version.

I bought Vision from AoU, against my own advice above, because of timing. I didn't order anything else from AoU, and I had seen that the costume wasn't changing much for CW, so I figured there was no point in waiting. Also bought War Machine Mk 2 around the same time in an insane ebay deal on a whim, so no need for a new one of those to me.

Obviously, CW Cap is a big upgrade over Avengers Cap. AoU Cap got great reviews from you guys here in the forums, but around the time it was getting ready to be released they showed that CW Cap would be pretty much wearing the same outfit. I decided to wait, and I'm glad I did. Love CW Cap.

As for Black Panther and Ant-Man, I agree that the small Ant-Man is enough for now. Also I have a feeling BP will be getting a better release the next time around - maybe with a T'Challa head, so I skipped it.

For Falcon and SW, I was unable to get the New Avengers SW...otherwise I'd have done the same as you. I did make the mistake of buying Falcon from WS - didn't know if we'd see the character again soon, or that HT would make another one (was kindof thinking he might go along the same lines as Avengers Hawkeye). But he didn't, I gambled and lost. Ah well.

My current shelf lineup:

Avengers: Hawkeye, IM Mk VII, BW, Thor (upgraded head/body from Dark World, cape from Tony Meis), Loki, Hulk
AoU: Maria Hill, Vision
WS: Bucky, Falcon, Nick Fury
CW: Cap, (Falcon and SW on PO)

Dunno when I'll get around to adding: Dr. Strange, BP, Ant-Man

For sure Cap, Bucky, mk46 and Warmachine. Later on when deals can be had Falcon, HE,SW,BP. Ill probably end up with all of them eventually as I collect and display figs from the same movie only I don't mix and match from different movies.

Last edited:
Originally I wanted both caps but passed. Ordered Ant-Man at sideshow but decided to order at BBTS instead and I got points to use so I will pick up Black Widow when she starts to ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I got the Battling Captain America already and I have Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Black Panther coming. I like the entire CW line but passed on most of em because I already have the character from a previous movie. I do already own Widow, Cap, and Hawkeye figures but couldn't resist getting the new versions because they are 3 of my favorite characters. Only reason I passed on Scarlet Witch is because I prefer the NA version to this new one. I prefer the Ant-man and Winter Soldier figures I have as well. I told myself I'd get either the 45 or 46 but not both. I went for the 45 because i wanted the damaged Ultron Sentry to go with my AoU set up and I slightly prefer the look of the 45. Only one I still want is Falcon. I sold the one from TWS in anticipation of this new version but have yet to actually order it. I went for BP instead because I absolutely loved the character in the movie and I love his look. I debated waiting for the version from his solo movie but that figure is probably 2-3 years away. Figured I could get this version now and then maybe upgrade later. I was seriously hoping we see Spidey but I don't mind waiting until his solo movie. I originally had hoped they would have done a Stark/Spidey two pack or something.

I ended up getting nothing from this movie, but if I do get one it'll be Hawkeye :rock

Just Iron Man. Surprised they haven't announced a new Tony Stark figure yet too.
Nice! I was wondering that too, seems like a money maker :dunno
I picked up cap and bucky because they look great posed together, Also preordered Iron Man, and currently on the waitlist for war machine, I want to mimic the final fight with cap buck and IM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome PO list :clap I can't believe WM went to waitlist :panic: Glad I held off cancelling my PO for him
I got the Battling Captain America already and I have Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Black Panther coming. I like the entire CW line but passed on most of em because I already have the character from a previous movie. I do already own Widow, Cap, and Hawkeye figures but couldn't resist getting the new versions because they are 3 of my favorite characters. Only reason I passed on Scarlet Witch is because I prefer the NA version to this new one. I prefer the Ant-man and Winter Soldier figures I have as well. I told myself I'd get either the 45 or 46 but not both. I went for the 45 because i wanted the damaged Ultron Sentry to go with my AoU set up and I slightly prefer the look of the 45. Only one I still want is Falcon. I sold the one from TWS in anticipation of this new version but have yet to actually order it. I went for BP instead because I absolutely loved the character in the movie and I love his look. I debated waiting for the version from his solo movie but that figure is probably 2-3 years away. Figured I could get this version now and then maybe upgrade later. I was seriously hoping we see Spidey but I don't mind waiting until his solo movie. I originally had hoped they would have done a Stark/Spidey two pack or something.

Nice :clap You made some great decisions there, like the 45 over the 46, and you're gonna end up with an amazing CW collection :clap :woo

I plan to pick up Battling Cap, missed out on the pre-order...I've ordered CW Bucky, Mark 46 and I'd grab a Tony if they decided to do one.

I ended up getting nothing from this movie, but if I do get one it'll be Hawkeye :rock

Awesome PO list :clap I can't believe WM went to waitlist :panic: Glad I held off cancelling my PO for him

Nice :clap You made some great decisions there, like the 45 over the 46, and you're gonna end up with an amazing CW collection :clap :woo

I hope you snag Hawkeye for yourself! I had no idea Wm went to waitlist. I'm not surprised, it's a killer figure. You gonna keep him?? Thank ya :hi5: I like the four I picked and I hope I am able to add Falcon to that list :pray: but Dr. Strange kinda took Falcon's spot lol. Not that I am complaining because Strange will hopefully be one amazing figure!

Figure I have Pre ordered or bought already:

Captain America to replace AOU Cap.

Falcon because I loved him in the movie

MK 46 because because

Figure I want but may end up buying later on in life:

Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant Man, and War Machine

Despite looking good displaying them all together, I've never been interested in getting any from the roster except for Cap.
I had the TFA and sold him off years ago but always wanted to get a newer version and the CW one did not disappoint.

(The thin piece of plastic holding the hand strap from shield broke :gah: which was was a downer... bur easily fixed with 3M tape)

None. Zero.
Always a great contributor.......
dipper_slow_clapping_by_markmak-d7x7yiy.gif

I didn't have any Marvel HT figures before. I picked up battling Cap and just recently picked up a regular shield too which looks fantastic on him. Everything about putting on the hands and the shield is a complete ba****ard but I still love him. I'll be preordering the 46 soon and would pick up a Hawkeye or Widow if there's a nice deal to be had at some point. I'm just going for one version of each character and don't care if they are from different movies, and so far the CW versions of everyone look best to me.

I'm on the waitlist for WM but am kinda iffy on it, not a huge fan that the lights are white instead of red/pink. Seems like a really odd omission.

Coming up for Marvel I'm planning on Dr. Strange, new Starlord, and new Loki.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain America, Winter Soldier, War Machine MkIII, Iron Man MkXLVI, Black Widow head sculpt

Not sure about the rest.

Back