Netflix's BLACK MIRROR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNIKT1950

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for this here but Netflix's revival of BLACK MIRROR is simply outstanding.

I was already a huge fan of the original show (a mere seven episodes) but man, did they go all out with this revival/third season.

The first two episodes of Season 3 are great. Nosedive starring Bryce Dallas Howard is a genius commentary on where our society may be headed via social media while Playtest (directed by 10 Cloverfield Lane's Dan Trachtenberg) is a brilliantly nightmarish look at VR tech.

But its San Junipero (Episode 4) that absolutely blew my mind.

ngc1vo.jpg

San Junipero (at 61 minutes) could have just been a film and it would have garnered as much attention as Ex-Machina or Her. Its a gorgeous love story set to the backdrop of mortality and existentialism. Mackenzie Davis is stellar. She continues to shine, here playing a character equally complex to her role in Halt and Catch Fire yet completely different. Gugu Mbatha Raw is awesome too. This is probably the best bit of television I've seen all year (if we're still for some reason calling NETFLIX shows "TV"). 10/10

If you're not watching this show you must check it out. It was already good years ago before it was on NETFLIX, but this new season is truly superb content.

I had trouble with San Junipero, because I don't think I had the right mindset for it. At the time, anyway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do agree that it's an incredible episode. I'm super happy to see Black Mirror getting some love here, because I've been sitting on those thoughts for days, since watching it. It really is an amazing show and San Junipero is it at its best.

Last edited:
I had trouble with San Junipero, because I don't think I had the right mindset for it. At the time, anyway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do agree that it's an incredible episode. I'm super happy to see Black Mirror getting some love here, because I've been sitting on those thoughts for days, since watching it. It really is an amazing show and San Junipero is it at its best.

I think
Spoiler Spoiler:

The effect San Junipero had on me is one that very few things in media have. I too spent days afterwards thinking about mortality and wish fulfillment. Where will I be mentally at 80? Satisfied? Filled with regret? But above all, if San Junipero really existed, would I wanna live there?

Leave it to BLACK MIRROR to send its viewers into existential rumination for days after watching an episode.

One thing's for sure: it was a much needed boost of hopefulness and love after the total downer that was "Shut Up And Dance." So far, the only one I've not yet watched Hated in the Nation (I watched like 30 minutes of it, but it was late and I wasn't really invested in it/half-paying attention while looking at my phone, so, I'm just going to watch the whole thing later.

2ur3wcx.png

Really hope this thread gets people to watch BM. Or at least San Junipero.

Playtest scared the ****ing **** out of me. I loved San Junipero mainly because I love Mackenzie Davis. Halt and Catch Fire doesn't get enough attention.

Playtest scared the ****ing **** out of me. I loved San Junipero mainly because I love Mackenzie Davis. Halt and Catch Fire doesn't get enough attention.

Its such a great show. Glad we're getting a proper finale via Season 4.

Lee Pace and Mackenzie Davis are gold in HACF.

HACF and the soundtrack to the first season were my summer of 2014. Lee Pace as Joe MacMillan was the main reason I wanted a figure of Ronan.

Man, 4 great episodes so far. All 4 really made me stop and think about life. Right now, I'm here thinking about San Junipero and the implications that would have in the real world.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really great writing and wonderfully acted.

Man, 4 great episodes so far. All 4 really made me stop and think about life. Right now, I'm here thinking about San Junipero and the implications that would have in the real world.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really great writing and wonderfully acted.

You bring up a great point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, did you notice how perfectly fitting Belinda Carlisle's Heaven is a Place on Earth was for this story?

Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Ooh, heaven is a place on earth

They say in heaven, love comes first

We'll make heaven a place on earth…

Its ****ing perfection.

I finished season 1

My favorite episode that season was The Entire History of You. I love how it shows us the effect tech will eventually have on monogamy and infidelity. Toby Kebbell is awesome (as always).

But I think the most impacting episode of Season 1 is The National Anthem. What a grotesque scenario it presents. That one left me pretty beat up.

Ok, I just watched White Christmas and it's a real mind **** that one... WOW! Got find season one now.

Back