Sideshow Exclusive AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Premium Format vs. Iron Studios SPIDER-MAN Poly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CryptoDave

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Which statute do you consider more collectible (valuable):

Iron Studios SPIDER-MAN Polystone Statue Or the Sideshow Exclusive AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Premium Format Statue #1336/2500 Marvel?

Please explain

I think SS's QC was better on their release. I think the pose and statue is just overall much more iconic looking as well. That's not saying that Iron Studio didn't do an amazing job because they did, but I think SS has them beat in this case.

This thread would probably get more traction in the Marvel section, just saying.

I own both. both are good and both have things that I don't care for.

value is difficult to gauge considering one costs twice as much as the other out of the gate.

just buy what you like at a price you think is reasonable and try not to make decisions based on speculation...if will get you in trouble more than anything else in the long run.

I own both. both are good and both have things that I don't care for.

value is difficult to gauge considering one costs twice as much as the other out of the gate.

just buy what you like at a price you think is reasonable and try not to make decisions based on speculation...if will get you in trouble more than anything else in the long run.

Best advice I have seen in a long time. :clap:clap:clap

Which statute do you consider more collectible (valuable):

Iron Studios SPIDER-MAN Polystone Statue Or the Sideshow Exclusive AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Premium Format Statue #1336/2500 Marvel?

Well since your sole definition is valuable then the answer is Iron Studios.
There are a lot less of them and they cost a lot more.

Someone in the utube review mention the stairs and some parts were plastic and felt very cheap.

Someone in the utube review mention the stairs and some parts were plastic and felt very cheap.

I had both, but I returned the IS one. It felt like the most cheaply made statue I've ever owned. Almost every part felt like cheap flimsy plastic except for Spidey himself, and none of the parts even remotely fit together properly. The whole thing felt like it was going to break or fall apart just trying to set it up. The SS was half the price but way better quality IMO. Now, I personally prefer the design of the IS one over the Sideshow. But there was absolutely no way I was keeping it. If I had received one where all the parts at least fit together I still wouldn't have kept it. It was WAY overpriced for what I received. This cost me more than most of my XM pieces, and at that price point I expect quality. Just my honest opinion guys.

SS Spider-Man base is meh, it does seem a lot of them came with paint issues, from certain angles it looks like he has no lower legs and because of the high edition size it won't hold it's value.

Iron Studios, plastic plastic plastic, bad fitting pieces, awkward pose...

Of course this is just my personal opinion.... :)

SS Spider-Man base is meh, it does seem a lot of them came with paint issues, from certain angles it looks like he has no lower legs and because of the high edition size it won't hold it's value.

Totally agree with this also. I forgot to mention that I sold my SS PF shortly after getting it and kept my comiquette. I really didn't care for the base at all.

Back