Star Destroyer kit - Zvezda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know there's a few kit builders on here. So I figured this surprising announcement of a relatively large Star Destroyer might be welcome news. I've never built a Zvezda kit, but I have heard good things and I believe they are fairly affordable.

The kit is 1/2560 scale, sounds small until you remember that this is a Star Destroyer.... the Kit is 60cm long.

j2PLutP.jpg

YK2GNMN.jpg

RXus2rp.jpg

ZvvdwjE.jpg

E7MYmxD.jpg

Pr6Yd37.jpg

lTqeaX6.jpg

M1UWl2b.jpg

JJcu9jF.jpg

JmepZNz.jpg

BT4TghA.jpg

VnraPQ5.jpg

77zBcpm.jpg

x5buIus.jpg

AdcCsfG.jpg

Pretty interesting. Curious to see price, availability, easy of construction and accuracy.

Pretty interesting. Curious to see price, availability, easy of construction and accuracy.

It should be easy to assemble, details might be a tad soft, but it looks nice to me, I'm sure it will build into an impressive kit. Price is indeed the big question.

Looks comparable to the Bandai kits. I keep hoping they're going to do a Star Destroyer. This looks nice as well!

That would be nice, I really wish they would make their current range in 1/48 also. Their kits are really nice, but too small.

Bandais 1/48 ships are fantastic, I have yet to build their smaller 1/72 ships.
This looks pretty nice, only problem I see is that there doesn't seem to be a stand, not even on the sprues?

I imagine there will be one, these images are just the teasers they put out yesterday. There should be a few more sprues to see yet.

Almost 24" long, looks like it will be fairly easy to light as well. As long as it's not over $125 I'm in.

In Russia price about 70$ , will be avalibale in December

I wouldn't quite expect Bandai quality, those guys are in a different league currently, but it does look good none the less. if that Russian price translates elsewhere, I know what I'll be asking for this Christmas.

Me too! Bandai has yet to even announce this ship let alone actually produce one at this size.
This will blow away all but the expensive resin kits currently available IMO.

Yeah, I want one :) This is a test fitting, not all parts have been added yet but it does give an idea of what to expect...

YK2GNMN.jpg

RXus2rp.jpg

This is now available, it's about £100 on Ebay direct from Russia currently. Not sure when it will hit the stores however. Rumor has it that Revell will be boxing up a version for the West. Looking forward to seeing a few built examples...

Back