Man of Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan350zr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this in today 65/150....

MOS%20002.jpg

MOS%20003.jpg

MOS%20004.jpg

MOS%20006.jpg

MOS%20007.jpg

MOS%2009.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this in today 62/150....

Amazing! Congrats on the pick up... mine hit Oregon yesterday and is en route to be here tomorrow. I'm on pins-and-needles.

What are your first impressions? Sculpt? Colours? Paint?

On your initial pics, he looks really good.

I used my Iphone for the pictures so there not the best... But in person this statue is awesome, I think the likeness is about 95% accurate (Hot Toys quality)... The sculpt of the statue might be just a tad thinner then the actor, the actor is pretty bulky, but that's just nit picking... The Statue feels very solid, it's got some heft to it. The cape looks to be sculpted out of polystone also but it's fairly thin and a bit flexible which means it's not really heavy which is a good thing IMO, the last thing we need is a heavy cape making him lean down the road...

They did an awesome job on the outfit, the texture is perfect and matches the on screen suit pretty good IMO.

BTW, The head goes on first then the cape, you have to carefully find the narrowest part of his neck to get the cape to slide on. The magnets on his cape and head are really strong. The 2nd portrait (screaming one) didn't come with a magnet but since the cape locks the head in it won't fall out. It is curious they put a magnet in the main portrait but not in the 2nd one, but like I said it's not necessary due to how the cape goes on and the cape has a strong magnet.

I gave it look over and the paint is pretty much flawless, the QC is outstanding on this piece.... And the colors just pop, I wish I had a good camera so it would show better....

Last edited:
Yeah those are way better pictures then what I posted, it really shows how awesome the statue is.. The QC is amazing...

RW's next statue that's going up for pre-order is Mary Jane and that statue is bonkers... Can't wait to order it..

Last edited:
I hear Green Lantern is after her!! That concept is amazing!

Here's MoS with heat vision :)

30341423152_13e64db61f_b.jpg

I think dan350zr said it best. It does look a little thin in the torso BUT the head sculpt (the non-heat vision one) looks amazing and IMO that is what makes this statue look so good.

... Any regrets on getting this one guys?

None. Whatsoever. Well worth the wait. He turned out spectacular.

Only gripe would be the inaccuracies in the paint, in terms of not capturing the dark tones of MoS, nor the pearlescent/metallic tones. However, it doesn't at all detract from the presence of this guy.

Looks great. I PO this also, but am not sure if i am going to get it.
Any regrets on getting this one guys?

No Regrets.... The face sculpt is near perfect.... like I said earlier a 9/10, the only nitpick is the statue is a bit taller and thinner then the actor but that's a pretty small niptick....

IMO this is the best MOS statue out there, The portrait is arguably better then Hot Toys....

Last edited:
Wow! Congrats guys, this piece turned out amazing! Sammy, I can't wait to see your review for this guy. Secret Sanctuary did a quick video on it.

https://youtu.be/jyI90gu7J24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys... well, I was away on business and wasn't able to wrap up the video yesterday as planned. However, here it is.

Small caveat is that I think I pulled a slightly incorrect focus on this one, and was shooting at f2.8, so he may appear to be a bit "soft" in the video. I assure you, the photos show otherwise.

Enjoy.

Back