Underworld Selene figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a week or so ago, I checked out the Star Ace Viktor figure from Underworld Evolution. He was great. Tonight I'm following up with the lead, Selene...unfortunately, she's not as great. The issues lie mostly with the portrait, although I have a few other nits to pick as well. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-101716a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading,

Michael

Ugh that sculpt...so underwhelming. Why is Viktor so good and this one so "meh"? Everything else looks great though.

Yes, from the neck down it's pretty much what we've seen from the start. But the portrait...but it does exhibit the issues that concerned my from the recent convention photos.

This sculpt is going to hurt sales A LOT! Kiss the vamp version goodbye. Why does she hav3 a pig nose?Thanks for ruining my day Michael...just kidding, I appreciate your review as always.

The backlash on the Star Ace Facebook page when this review is posted is going to be intense...this is going to get ugly.

Thanks for the review. It really is too bad how terrible it turned out. Really wanted to get one but just can't do it.

Thanks for the review. It really is too bad how terrible it turned out. Really wanted to get one but just can't do it.

I should cancel my preorder and buy her when she goes on super sale but I won't do that to Timewalker Toys. Does anyone think Star Ace will make good a offer a replacement headsculpt that is somewhat acceptable? Is there a precedent for that?

Am I exaggerating when I say that the headsculpt looks like it belongs on a cheap NECA figure?

Yeah, sorry. I've heard people bad mouthing this sculpt from the start, and from the start, I haven't seen any issue with it, so I guess I'll be the only one not disappointed. I just wish she'd been a tad paler as she looks like she's been in the sun too long, and frankly, this paint job seems to be on par with BCS, but, the sculpt is solid.

They haven't released Katniss or Marilyn. With Hermione, they produced one of the best female head sculpts ever. Unfortunately their second release does not live up to the potential. We have seen them tweaking Marilyn already, so you know the are trying...let's hope they get it right, particularly with Katniss, a favorite character of mine.

BTW, I think two things would have completely flipped this conversation - rooted hair properly done, and no production 'squish'. The first was a decision they should have made early on - the second was something they should have corrected right away, and maybe, just maybe, they can correct before the majority of figures ship.

actually, after looking at it for the second time, i think the headsculpt is on one level with most HT heads - and is definitely better than most SS heads.

Thanks as always for the review, Michael :clap

I agree with you that I don't see this being worth the price point.

I don't know where the problem is, honestly. I think it's dead on. Paint job could be better, but that is Kate Beckinsale. I suppose we all see things differently...

Yeah, sorry. I've heard people bad mouthing this sculpt from the start, and from the start, I haven't seen any issue with it, so I guess I'll be the only one not disappointed. I just wish she'd been a tad paler as she looks like she's been in the sun too long, and frankly, this paint job seems to be on par with BCS, but, the sculpt is solid.

I actually agree with you. I don't see anything wrong with the head except the paint looks pretty bad. sculpt wise though I see KB.

Would've liked to see pics of her w/o the coat on though. Corset also looks a little big. From what I can tell though, the catsuit doesn't look as saggy as it did in the promos. I also wish they would've went with "real" lace-up leather-like boots like the Phicen figure had. you keep articulation and it just looks better that way

Last edited:
If they're going to start charging Hot Toys prices for these, the sculpt quality better be up to par.

I'm not seeing it here.

Back