1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
After having so much fun with the large diorama, we are now working on our final batch of eight kits. During production of this final batch, I started working on ideas for the detolf size diorama because people kept asking me about it.

So, for my detolf, I got the aluminum parts cut and pearled from solid pieces of aluminum in the same four levels of relief detail I have in the original larger diorama. In the coming week I will start to paint and all that. Thought you guys might like to see the process.

d000b42ccea0cc16fd6a1b00ec4754e8.jpg

ebbc8d53c75379211bfbf8b01ace3fd0.jpg

a320253ffc3135d30fd07f0800ee45f5.jpg

35dee70d594b4d74f33d185793466c68.jpg

57d575f9283079b33fc4061c10c1a3b8.jpg

This project looks like it's developing well. Can't wait to see what path you chose in regard to the lack of room in those Detolf height wise.

This project looks like it's developing well. Can't wait to see what path you chose in regard to the lack of room in those Detolf height wise.

Not to mention sides, looks like multiple wall styles, so is it different options or two/three sided? I would prefer the first since you could put them on the same shelf across detolfs next to each other and bring them together visually.

Not to mention sides, looks like multiple wall styles, so is it different options or two/three sided? I would prefer the first since you could put them on the same shelf across detolfs next to each other and bring them together visually.

Indeed. Some sort of modularity could allow for interacting shelves displays.

Yeah, the other one was too big for my display space, but this looks like it'll work.:yess:

The basic version is planned to be around $350 and the deluxe is going to be $399

Back