Help with Phicen boots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowOfTheRoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some help and didn't know where else to post this thread. I'm looking for some hollow cowboy boots for a Phicen S02A figure. The figure will only be posed standing so I'm thinking of getting the Triad Toys boots I see on eBay but don't know if they will be a good fit. I wanted to know if anyone here has tried them for a Phicen figure.

I would appreciate any help you guys can give.
Thanks!

boots.jpg

Your figure is the one with soft feet. It's going to be a challenge to use those boots. You can either use a stand or use a body with removable feet.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

it's always possible to get shoes on these soft feet. Even without the removable feet. Of course if you have an option, get one with removable feet. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation because while it is always possible to get the shoes on these figures, it's also very difficult. Try talcum powder on the feet so the soft skin doesn't stick to the inside of the boot. I've gotten boots half way on them and then it gets stuck. That's when I break out the hair dryer to heat up and slowly work the boots onto the feet. The easiest boots took about 5 minutes to put on and the hardest took almost 2 hours. Patience is key. Good luck! Remember, the boots are gonna cover the feet so whatever you have to use to get them on will be hidden.

If it's hollow boots, the it will fit and you can always warm up the boots first with a hairdryer. The worst thing is the boots come with a peg hole, which then you'll have to cut the feet off the S02A, which I had to do for a few of my customs with the SO2A.

29002344743_748b5d011f.jpg

Hmmm I might consider cutting the feet. Seems like a simple thing to do and you get more options. Thanks!

Just cut the feet. You wont ever see them and those boots won't allow for any ankle articulation.

chopping off limbs to get into gear... wow that's brutal.

a3daa3d9-3d6b-4b3f-b51b-ba8aa6494c6c.jpg

Hmmm I might consider cutting the feet. Seems like a simple thing to do and you get more options. Thanks!

It's easy too. Just cut open the skin with a blade and snap off the metal feet with a pair if sharp pliers. Just be careful not to overly bend the shin metal. You can also secure the connection between the boot peg hole and metal skeleton with some epoxy, layered with Vaseline.

Back