Just caught the "Hot Toys" bug...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dungeonstone

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I've collected a lot of toys over the years but I have managed to keep away from Hot Toys/Sideshow figures... Until I saw the previews for the new Dr. Strange.

Took one look at that and decided that I had to have it, and of course he needs some company so....

Pre-ordered Strange locally and already picked up an Avengers Thor and an IM Mark 33.

Will probably have most of the cinematic Marvel Universe before I am through...

:gah:

:welcome1: back to the :FREAK: show, Dungeonstone!
wavesmile.gif

Hot Toys has seen your post and they say...

ee9509c8569322f8607c22bb246edb5794500c5a90d3f6c19172ac6909e9cdc6.jpg
:lol

Make sure what you get is what you want and enjoy.

Otherwise you will be getting the for sale bug.

Make sure what you get is what you want and enjoy.

Otherwise you will be getting the for sale bug.

Probably going to be fairly picky about the specific figures I get.

I've been looking at the different versions of the characters and reading/watching reviews so as to get an idea which figures are generally "best" for the specific character. For example, I like the look of the Stealth suit from Winter Soldier
however after hearing how hard the figure is to pose it has moved down on my "to get" list and I'll probably go with the Civil War figure as my "display Cap".

As for Iron Man, Silver Centurion may not be the most popular IM suit however it was one that was used in a fairly long run of the comics and Stark also wore it on-screen so it was one that I was immediately drawn to... the fairly low price ($155) that I paid for it didn't hurt either. I'll probably also get a Mark VII if/when it is re-released in diecast for my "Avenger" IM.

:welcome1: to the forum :wave

That's how it starts...buy "one" and then lots more follow!! You can say goodbye to your spare cash now :lol That Doctor Strange figure is awesome though...I'm really, really looking forward to that one! :)

"Just going to get Spider-Man since he's my most favorite hero" turned into dozens of figures over the years haha.

Like others have said, welcome and you're now broke! lol

Welcome! And good luck!

I started by saying it'll just be this one Dark Knight. Then it'll just be him and Iron Man. Then only Marvel from here on. Then only Marvel & Star Wars. Then only Marvel, DC, & Star Wars... starting to think about getting T-800 now.

Reading everyone else's comments, clearly I wasn't the only one.

Well the list of characters I like/want is fairly limited..

Thor (Avengers - Got it)
Iron Man (Have Centurian want a MK VII Diecast when released)
Cap (Will Probably go with Civil War)
Hulk (Avengers- Will have to get it)
Hawkeye (AoU - Just bought it today for $80!)
Black Widow (Either WS or AoU will work)
"Tony Stark" (Workshop or Mechanic - Loose would work)
"Steve Rogers" (The WS version - Loose would work)
Maybe Fury, Coulson and Hill... (not a priority)
Dr. Strange (Pre-ordered)
May want the Netflix heroes as they are released... (Will probably kitbash a Bernthal Punisher before HT gets around to making one though.)
And probably CW or Homecoming Spider-man once one of them is released.

On the DC Side will probably want BvS Superman.

Probably going to be fairly picky about the specific figures I get.

I've been looking at the different versions of the characters and reading/watching reviews so as to get an idea which figures are generally "best" for the specific character. For example, I like the look of the Stealth suit from Winter Soldier
however after hearing how hard the figure is to pose it has moved down on my "to get" list and I'll probably go with the Civil War figure as my "display Cap".

As for Iron Man, Silver Centurion may not be the most popular IM suit however it was one that was used in a fairly long run of the comics and Stark also wore it on-screen so it was one that I was immediately drawn to... the fairly low price ($155) that I paid for it didn't hurt either. I'll probably also get a Mark VII if/when it is re-released in diecast for my "Avenger" IM.

I have the stealth suit figure and it is great but cannot even compare to the CW Cap! I have a fairly large collection that covers several different lines and the CW Cap is easily one of my all time favorite figures!

Well I just nabbed Avengers Cap and Widow together for $200 total.

Not my favorite version of Cap but too good of a price to ignore. I'll probably end up sticking a WS/AoU or CW head on him (to replace the chinstrap-less Avengers head) at some point and that should go a long way towards making him look better.

You have a real knack for finding these at great prices. Maybe you should charge people 10% to find figures cheap :rotfl
I don't collect teams. Right now, I have Spider-Man (Amazing 2, the best figure I have, highly recommended if you like posing) with Tonto and Judge Dredd. I just bought Michael Jackson cause all my kids will love it (I don't really want it) and Catwoman is on the way (I have nothing else Batman).
This is a great hobby, cause you don't need a lot to have fun and to make it look awesome.
Also, people collect for different reasons, some need them all, some wants teams or a specific character, some to just have them standing, some to pose, for some the likeness is vital, to others its the clothes. That is why we so often disagree :lol Cause whatever we look for, we are passionate about it.
Best
(oh, and can you find me a cheap CW BW?)

You have a real knack for finding these at great prices. Maybe you should charge people 10% to find figures cheap :rotfl

Kind of have to, the wife would kill me if I paid full price for all of them.. ;)

I've been prowling all the local stores that carry them both new and used, Ebay, here, etc. Having the patience to wait for the figure or part is crucial to getting a deal. That and sometimes being willing to piece them together over time.

For example, I ~almost~ have all the parts for a loose Workshop Stark figure (just Stark, no Workshop accessories) that I currently have sunk about $55 into for the HT body w/LED chest and the clothes. I just need a head and he'll be ready for display.

(oh, and can you find me a cheap CW BW?)

Still trying to find one of those for me...

Back