1/6 Hot Toys Custom Wolf 3.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacerc130

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so after seeing some examples from millertime custom wolf's I decided to make a pass at the body swaps for a more well proportioned and poseable Wolf. Here he is:

IMG_0732.jpgIMG_0733.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

Modifications: Repainted chest/back armor, shoulder cannons, shoulder armor, and bio mask

Bio mask fitted with magnet and magnet placed inside head to fix the helmet from falling off all the time

Custom handmade loin cloth

Modified upper thigh armor.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Wof 3.0

That sucks. Half classic half wolf? Why the hell did You do that?

Way to be supportive and constructive ^ what an ass.

While not screen accurate I think it is an improvement and looks more threatening

Well for

1. Unsatisfied with original Hot Toys Wolf Predator

2. Wolf predator body was wrong proportions

3. Joints sucked and wouldn't hold poses

4. bomb gauntlet couldn't be removed so instead of having his blade gauntlets wolf style & bomb gauntlet of the other I kept both classic with bonus of metal blades instead of wolf's original plastic blades.

5. Lower calves could have been swapped but looked too skinny and back of knee was horrible (incorrect size joint)

6. Upper thigh armor could have stayed Wolf armor but looked too small on the beefier thigh of classic body so classic armor was modified for thigh armor

7. Wolf head, helmet, and chest armor still worked and were used to keep the Wolf look alive

8. Unknown if Hot Toys will ever do a true Wolf 2.0 (so many Iron Man and Star Wars figures to make apparently)

9. Wolf predator fans have to be resourceful to create best 1/6 scale rendition within their capability

10. Most important....Because I wanted to

But thank you for your input.... Have a nice day!!:wave

Way to be supportive and constructive ^ what an ass.

While not screen accurate I think it is an improvement and looks more threatening

Thank you Dr. Odd. I'm still not 100% pleased with it but for now it is about as good as we collectors can get for a 1/6 Wolf Predator till HT pulls their head out and does a true 2.0. I still keep my fingers crossed for that!!!

The sole reason he chose that body was to upset you. There could be no other.

And you’ve waited since 2012 to post this!

New body is fine. I dont'y like the Classic's armour parts .

Re: Hot Toys Wolf 3.0

:lol I think he may have meant you to rename the whole thing to something that looks less like Hot Toys have shown a Wolf Predator 3.0

Bio mask fitted with magnet and magnet placed inside head to fix the helmet from falling off all the time.
that's what interests me from the first time you mentioned it in your previous custom Wolf thread.
because i need something for my P2 with repainted old P2 head and tylerdurdem custom P2 helmet which he made like his most later helmets, but in shape of old P2 head inside.
i didn't want it to scratch off the paint from his jaws, so i widened it from inside, but now the helmet doesn't stay on (because it has nothing to hold on to).
what magnets did you use?...

I used the magnets from the Winter Soldier masked sculpt. It was perfect because the magnet on the hair piece is very thin rectangale and the piece on his head is thicker. So I carefully put some superglue into the neck hole of the wolf head and managed to carefully finagle the magnet into place. Then did the thin magnet to inside of Wolf Mask. Works like a charm. Hope that helps bud.

i see. thanks! i guess i just have to find a big magnet and put it inside the head - and then find some thin iron detail (instead of a magnet) for the helmet.

i see. thanks! i guess i just have to find a big magnet and put it inside the head - and then find some thin iron detail (instead of a magnet) for the helmet.

I can get an 8-pack of rare earth magnets for $2 in a shop nearby. They're the perfect size for putting inside the Pred heads. Let me know if you want me to grab you some.

oh, i see what you mean now - small enough to fit the hole.
my P2 head has a big hole, didn't come up with any better idea to fit the new head :)
only recently somebody posted a better way.

001_neckmod_01_zps3c4fb4cd.jpg~original

problem is what to use for the helmet to repeat the forehead shape, that's why i'm thinking a list of metal that can be bent.

There's K&S that makes metal sheets for scale models. They make stainless steel in sheets thin enough to be shaped to fit the inside contour of the helmet. Cutting a small strip and adding it to the center of the mask should work. Some stainless steels are not magnetic though (due to the amount of iron used). I'm going into town tomorrow, and I can stop by the hobby store and test out if it's magnetic.

Here's a strip of the thinnest they offer. It's .018 thick, half an inch wide and twelve inches long. You can easily cut the small strip you need with tin snips. Gluing a small strip of felt onto it would also keep the paint on the head from getting scratched.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-K-S-St...438721?hash=item4d4c1cd101:g:D7sAAOSw8gVX8qgt

Back