Beware of buyer Alby Mills aka ozzyangus28

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Hate to do this, but I wanted to alert members about a deadbeat buyer who is on eBay as ozzangus28 and on Facebook as Alby Mills.

Alby first purchased a figure of mine through eBay (Total Recall Quaid), and instantly sent a message requesting to wait 3 weeks to send payment. He did not ask before bidding, just bought the item then asked for a lot of time to pay. I went against my better judgement, but agreed to give him time and held the figure.

To my pleasant surprise 3 weeks later he does pay as promised. Sadly, less than a few hours later he tells me how he got into a lot of trouble with his girlfriend (since he used his girlfriends credit card) and needed a refund. I was not happy, but I agreed to refund and issued it the same day.

Later that same day, he comes back and asks if he could buy the figure on installments. Again, against my better judgement, I agreed but told him explicitly that I would accept installments on the condition that the first payment was a deposit and non-refundable:

From Me: Okay, but on one condition. If you don't finish or ask for a refund I keep the first payment.

To which he replied:

From Alby: Okay thats a deal and very fair..thank you.. alby

So, he sends the deposit on Oct. the 4th. Then today tells me he has car troubles and needs his money back. I have refused as he entered into an agreement with me and I intend to hold him to it. And now he has threatened to file a reversal with his credit card which he will most likely be successful in doing.

From Alby: Then if thats the last you have to say and will not refund then i tjink there is nothimg more to say to you then.. id hoped you would have isdued the refund.. but im not gonna just give 250 pounds away for nothing.. so eithrr refund the money ir il have it reversed..just make it easier.. like i said telling people things just dont bother me in the slightest.. i dont deal with anyone much anyway..

Anyway, long story short don't buy or sell from this guy. One of his other excuses besides the car is saying someone else has filed a claim against him for not sending an item... hmmm, suspicious :rolleyes2

What is up with people like this? Why make life so difficult for yourself? Seems tedious to make excuses time after time. He can't even seem to be bothered with spell check. Likely he deserves all the "trouble" he seems to have in his life.

Don't pay the bastard. Hopefully you will have the chance to explain to his credit card company. Likely he also has issues with them already. He doesn't even seem to have his own card. He's using the reverse to scare you into a refund. Cut communication and wait for his card to respond.

In fact, I'd go so far as sending an invoice to his card for the balance of payment due of the installments... just for fun.

Added to my blocked bidder list. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you had to deal with that. Whenever someone asks me to let them take time to pay, I say no and initiate a non-paying bidder claim.

What is up with people like this? Why make life so difficult for yourself? Seems tedious to make excuses time after time. He can't even seem to be bothered with spell check.

Very common in these situations - walls of incoherent text, terrible spelling and grammar. I just can't help but notice it whenever a thread pops up on this forum about transactions gone bad.

Not talking about Galactiboy.

This thread is much more entertaining than I anticipated... It certainly does suck though to have people like this make what should be an easy transaction so difficult. If you've got that much trouble, perhaps you shouldn't be purchasing an action figure, fella...

tumblr_m877y3Q3N41r9f8c9o1_500.gif

Alby There4U

Alby Thatforadollar (if payable in instalments, otherwise no deal).

There's an inordinate amount of idiots like this on eBay. You've gone out of your way to accommodate him from the sound of it.

Call his bluff and keep his 'deposit'. The whole situation has been dragged out this long due to his own stupidity, so I'd make him sweat on getting his money back for as long as I could.

:lol You guys are great... and yeah, this is a case of me pretty much getting what I deserved for being accommodating. It's a lesson I guess I needed to relearn and at least I'm not out anything. I'd much rather have issues now than after sending an expensive ass figure to a flake.

Man, I hate people like this. Not only do they cause needless difficulties and endless frustration, their arrogance and stupidity leaves such a bad taste that it's no wonder so many good sellers stop dealing with internationals buyers altogether. Sadly, for those of us who are reliable and reasonable and who do the right thing, things like this give all us international peeps a bad name, and makes it harder to find people willing to trade with us. What an absolute asshat.

I would not give the refund...you had to go through so much effort to make the sale...why shouldn't this unscrupulous buyer have to put in a little work to get his money back.

Agreed. Make him work for his money. Twice on ebay, I had sellers who lied to me. It was so obvious from after I had paid, that they tried to stall till the paypal claim would be too old. All kind of silly ****. I lost money once cause I tried to help a fella out. Never again. And they write these obscene long mails, I'm thinking - for 150 USD, you're spending hours and hours on communication. Why? I got my money back every time. Even had a guy who threatened me, said he was a mercenary and he knew where I lived. The nuts are out there. The best thing to do is being as polite as you can for as long as you have to, then, when "he" starts "yelling" and making threats, you close down communications in a polite but firm manner and file a claim. He wont have a chance.
Last time, I felt like sending the idiot an invoice for my time spent. I really hope you'll get to keep the money. That might teach him a lesson not to do it again

It's ridiculous how immature and irresponsible some people are. I think it's easy to forget not everyone is an actual adult when managing transactions like this. I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt, but too often it blows up in my face :lol

It's ridiculous how immature and irresponsible some people are. I think it's easy to forget not everyone is an actual adult when managing transactions like this. I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt, but too often it blows up in my face :lol

No shame and no integrity either. He agreed to your deposit arrangement. He even called it 'very fair'. Then suddenly he's threatening to pull the transaction reversal through his card company like as though you were the problem. What an *******.

Back