Storage boxes for action figure accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkollectibleskhai

Super Freak
Reaction score
There's been some recent discussion in collector forums and groups about how collectors store their action figure accessories. I was definitely finding it a pain in the arse to open up figure boxes to swap accessories, so I found these great storage compartment boxes to use. Here's my quick vid discussing them :)

Whatever works, but I think it would be pretty easy to forget whose hands are who.

I keep all my accessories for ea figure in a ziplock bag. Ea bag is stored in 2 gal water tight stackable containers. Bags are grouped together based on common themes (crime characters, DC, Star Wars). Ea container is labeled with those themes. Finding things and preventing accessories from getting mixed up is easy.

Whatever works, but I think it would be pretty easy to forget whose hands are who.

I keep all my accessories for ea figure in a ziplock bag. Ea bag is stored in 2 gal water tight stackable containers. Bags are grouped together based on common themes (crime characters, DC, Star Wars). Ea container is labeled with those themes. Finding things and preventing accessories from getting mixed up is easy.

Yeah, I'll definitely be going through and putting little labels with the figure name into each compartment. The only ones that arent obvious to me are the Superman figures lol. I can recognise most of the others fairly easily. But it does quickly get out of hand once the figure count starts increasing for sure.

It can also get out of hand with ironman hands.

Also, if that box ever gets knocked over, you're in trouble.

It can also get out of hand with ironman hands.

Also, if that box ever gets knocked over, you're in trouble.

Once the box is closed, the lid covers each compartment, so the accessories wont mix if the box gets knocked over. I'd be more worried about the accessories breaking since they dont completely pack out each compartment and do move around inside each compartment.

I mean when the box is open. Like in the pic.

I have a case like that for screws and nails, etc. I forgot to close it and I bumped into it and everything went on the floor. Again, it's a personal choice. The other thing about compartment boxes is that sooner or later something won't fit in the spaces provided.

I mean when the box is open. Like in the pic.

I have a case like that for screws and nails, etc. I forgot to close it and I bumped into it and everything went on the floor. Again, it's a personal choice. The other thing about compartment boxes is that sooner or later something won't fit in the spaces provided.

Ah, yes now I understand. But I guess anything stored in a box will go everywhere if the box is knocked over. Putting things in zip lock bags are a good alternative though. I thought of using those myself, but then storing them in a larger box meant pretty much the same storage space needed if not more. I just stack my boxes on top of each other, and luckily I normally sit on the carpet while changing the accessories around.

You're right about the need for larger compartments for larger accessories. There are larger boxes available, but havent needed to use them too much at this stage. Head sculpts are a problem though. Not sure I want to store too many of those in these little compartments.

I store alternate or second head sculpts in the plastic bags with the rest of the associated stuff, but I always wrap the head in 2-3 layer of bubble wrap with the top of the head covered too.

I would do the same if you're storing them in box compartments. The danger is that the head will rub against the floor or walls of the box and rub off paint. I've learned that the hard way. Just My .02.

I store alternate or second head sculpts in the plastic bags with the rest of the associated stuff, but I always wrap the head in 2-3 layer of bubble wrap with the top of the head covered too.

I would do the same if you're storing them in box compartments. The danger is that the head will rub against the floor or walls of the box and rub off paint. I've learned that the hard way. Just My .02.

Yeah damage to the sculpts is definitely my concern. Good tips thanks!

new-4-metal-drawer-small-parts-compartment-hardware-tool-box-storage-organizer-f88087c63f724619c5dd8feb8edf6a69.jpg

71FetlD1dlL._SL1000_.jpg

11145662.jpg

just remember most plastics & rubbers tend to have chemical reactions under prolonged contact including the plastic compartments they sit in.

for ziplocks it's better to use thicker matte bags than thin glossy ones.

best to wrap some wax paper on the parts if they are important to you.

new-4-metal-drawer-small-parts-compartment-hardware-tool-box-storage-organizer-f88087c63f724619c5dd8feb8edf6a69.jpg

71FetlD1dlL._SL1000_.jpg

11145662.jpg

just remember most plastics & rubbers tend to have chemical reactions under prolonged contact including the plastic compartments they sit in.

for ziplocks it's better to use thicker matte bags than thin glossy ones.

best to wrap some wax paper on the parts if they are important to you.

Nice! Now you have me paranoid about plastic chemical reactions lol!! Maybe I'll line each compartment with some tissue paper or something!

Back