Sideshow: is the McQuarrie Vader project still happening

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also made a video about this together with the PF line of McQuarrie Concept Art. Would really love to hear updates on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if they knew they probably wouldn't tell you but I would bet heavily against the 1/6 ever being produced.

Randomly ventured into this section. Does Sideshow ever respond anymore? Would be nice to get an answer to this one.

Randomly ventured into this section. Does Sideshow ever respond anymore? Would be nice to get an answer to this one.

feature-glue-sniffing-opener.jpg

Ask on Facebook. They showed the W.I.P. so I would think yes they would release, some piece just take many years to get ready for pre-order. This would be a big seller it's Darth Vader.

026101.jpg
02794.jpg

Last edited:
I think they scrapped the line already. No confirmation but it would be nice to have a McQuarrie Concept line on sixth scale. Maybe sales of the Mcquarrie Concept Statues are the deciding factor for them to get this line going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, this has been my most wanted 1/6 figure ever since they hinted at it being made. Hopefully someday it'll actually happen..

I had a bunch of reward points I was saving up to PO this with, but gave up hope and ordered HT Yoda with it instead not too long ago.

Yesterday in the Sideshow Live Susan hinted about an anticipated 1/6 figure being shown... just a guess, but I wondered if it might be the McQuarrie figure. They had quite a bit done at the Anaheim show, but then he (as far as I know) hasn't been shown since.

I still want this to happen, too. I want the 1/6th McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett they had planned for release after Vader to happen even more. But it's not gonna happen. At San Diego Comic Con last year, I talked to Matt Bischoff (project manager and apparently the go to guy for all things Star Wars at Sideshow) and Kevin Ellis (project manager and apparently the go to guy for all thing 1/6 scale at Sideshow) and was told that the 1/5th statue line didn't perform well enough to move forward with a sixth scale figure line and that the Mythos sixth scale line would be taking its place. The words "indefinitely on hold" were used by at least one of the two gentleman.

Back