Action Figure New King Of Fighters Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-023023&page=top

ABS & PVC Pre-painted Posable Figure
Size: Approx. H100mm (non-scale)

[Set Contents]
-Main figure
-Base

3,590 JPY

FIGURE-023023_01.jpg

FIGURE-023023_02.jpg

FIGURE-023023_03.jpg

FIGURE-023023_04.jpg

FIGURE-023023_05.jpg

FIGURE-023023_06.jpg

It's amazing to me that HT can do Pepper Pots and never bothered touching any of the SNK licences or even SF.

Iori and Ryo in 1/6 would be a dream. But no, people are demanding more Mark 7 variants and 1/1 Batman figures.

It's amazing to me that HT can do Pepper Pots and never bothered touching any of the SNK licences or even SF.

Iori and Ryo in 1/6 would be a dream. But no, people are demanding more Mark 7 variants and 1/1 Batman figures.

Yo...you like KoF too?! Dude...what?!

*epic fist bump*

It is weird how the only company that's attempted 1/6 figures was Medicom (chun li and Cammy)...

All we have now is pop culture...but that things been in development for AGES. :(

There is a Iori (or at least '99 Kyo) 1/6 figure ages ago, didn't really sell well. i think the company was called, Hot Toys?

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

I could've sworn there was a thread for these 1/6 king of fighters figures produced by worldbox. But I couldn't find anything, so rather than clutter up the thread, I'll stick to this one:

So terry Bogard and Kyo kusanagi went up for PO last year. Initially I wasn't too fond of the portraits. BUT, I POed them regardless because I've always wanted sixth scale figures of fighting game characters. My options were limited, and hey, someone is finally taking a crack at them. Fortunately, it's the two lead characters of fatal fury and king of fighters, both games I'm a fan of. So having already seen the prototypes for both leads...just now I noticed something has changed...

Pics from last year
IMG_4946.JPGIMG_4947.JPGIMG_4948.JPG

Discovered today
IMG_4952.JPGIMG_4953.JPGIMG_4954.JPG

From last year
IMG_4949.JPGIMG_4950.JPGIMG_4951.JPG

Discovered today
IMG_4957.JPGIMG_4955.JPGIMG_4958.JPG

THEY UPDATED THE HEADSCULPTS!

in my opinion, these are a major improvement to what was shown last year. It's unfortunate that most, if not all websites, haven't updated these pictures. It's also unfortunate that there was no news about this. The only site that features these new and improved sculpts is onesixthoutfitters (a site I discovered today via a YT video).

Hopefully those that were turned off by the first reveal can perhaps take a second look now and hopefully hop back on board.

Hopefully those that were turned off by the first reveal can perhaps take a second look now and hopefully hop back on board.

not sure how to feel about updated Terry but Kyo definitely looks younger.

however the outfit is still off compared to 94-99. shouldn't be wearing a leather jacket, and the material of the jacket should be the same as the pants. IMO the inner jacket might be leather but outer & pants should be fabric as per normal student uniforms.

the lower legs should be longer & slimmer.

but then they might be going for newer design which i'm not familiar with.

i mean how difficult can it be to replicate this?

Kyo-97-art.jpg

not sure how to feel about updated Terry but Kyo definitely looks younger.

however the outfit is still off compared to 94-99. shouldn't be wearing a leather jacket, and the material of the jacket should be the same as the pants. IMO the inner jacket might be leather but outer & pants should be fabric as per normal student uniforms.

the lower legs should be longer & slimmer.

but then they might be going for newer design which i'm not familiar with.

i mean how difficult can it be to replicate this?

Kyo-97-art.jpg

The figures are based off of the designs in the cgi animated mini series KoF: destiny.

You should check it out on YT. It's pretty enjoyable. I don't agree with everything in the show, but it's pretty faithful to the source material.

The figures are based off of the designs in the cgi animated mini series KoF: destiny.

You should check it out on YT. It's pretty enjoyable. I don't agree with everything in the show, but it's pretty faithful to the source material.

yea i just realized china & korea did it but it's in 3D CGI really not a fan unless it's similar quality to Resident Evil movies. too bad they don't opt for the classic look.

I've been wanting 1/6 figures from my favorite fighting games for a long time. Now all of a sudden, it's like a barrage...a welcomed one mind you.

not only are we getting terry and Kyo from king of fighters destiny, produced by worldbox...we're getting not 1, but 2 mai shiranui, the famous, beautiful and sexy ninja from the fatal fury/KoF series.

This newly announced mai shiranui figure, produced by genesis group is the better of the two IMO:

IMG_5013.JPGIMG_5014.JPGIMG_5015.JPGIMG_5016.JPG

This mai shiranui, produced by TBleague, has been up for preorder for a few months:

IMG_5017.JPGIMG_5018.JPGIMG_5019.JPGIMG_5020.JPG

Between genesis group and TBleague's mai figure...i preordered the one from genesis group. I think it features a better headsculpt with better head to body proportions. The TBleague version, while it features a decent portrait...it's not anime enough for me...also, the head looks a bit oversized of that body.

TBLeague has also produced Kyo's eternal rival, Iori Yagami. Once again...it doesn't look bad...but the sculpt and size leaves a lot to be desired.

Regardless, I'm happy as **** right now. I can't wait to get terry and Kyo. Athena asamiya apparently has just been released and I'm awaiting for her arrival.

What are your thoughts everyone? I wanna show more love for these figures.

Just in case for those that are interested, but weren't aware of these figures:

IMG_5021.JPGIMG_5022.JPGIMG_5023.JPGIMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5025.JPGIMG_5026.JPGIMG_5027.JPGIMG_5028.JPG

Let's start generating a little more hype here yo!

Not a fan of the Barbie hair, but it's cool seeing Athena. Since she was initially in a classic, 80s arcade game, that makes her figure more appealing to me than most. If they do the Ikari Warriors (Ralf and Clark), I'll have to bite.

The new Terry and Kyo look way better... I'm tempted to PO them now.

Hopefully that same company makes Mai too cause I don't like the other two in the thread.

Not a fan of the Barbie hair, but it's cool seeing Athena. Since she was initially in a classic, 80s arcade game, that makes her figure more appealing to me than most. If they do the Ikari Warriors (Ralf and Clark), I'll have to bite.

Dude...I want them all! Haha

I want roided, beast, bear like Ralf and Clark. K', Kim, omg and rock Howard? And geese? Damn they have a whole library of characters to choose from and I really hope they don't stop with the 5 that are featured in this thread!

The new Terry and Kyo look way better... I'm tempted to PO them now.

Hopefully that same company makes Mai too cause I don't like the other two in the thread.

Yeah man, please do lol, more support means more figures down the line. Especially Terry and Kyo. Both come with 2 portraits.

Hey, capcom and popcultureshock...where the hell are your 1/6 figures???

Oh and for potato (and whoever hasn't seen this yet)

There's videogame adaptations...and then there's VIDEOGAME adaptation. Character designs, especially the faces, may not be all that great...but at least the show is FAITHFUL to the source material.

for those interested with Athena there's already some on hand pics on the net. only for hardcore fans.

and for the mai, i don't know, hated the art style from 2001 onwards.

for those interested with Athena there's already some on hand pics on the net. only for hardcore fans.

and for the mai, i don't know, hated the art style from 2001 onwards.

Got any links to athena's pics?

Wasn't the art from 2001 and onwards done by Falhoon? Falcoon? I forget the name. If yes, then yeah, I hated it too.

Back