Who are your favorite contemporary comic authors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
For me:

Robert Kirkman (quite obviously). The Walking Dead, Invincible, and OutCast are my favorite or among my favorite comics.

I also really like Jason Aaron of Marvel. The Thor: God of Thunder God killer graphic novel is great as is: Get Mystic, some Incredible Hulk issues, Thanos Rising, etc.

Brian Michael Bendis: He just seems to be a solid Marvel Staff writer who is clever and can always churn out a decent run like with the current run of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Jonathan Hickman is great. East of West is one of my favorite comics. He also wrote Secret Warriors with Brian M.B. Bought it and looking forward to reading it.

Brian K. Vaughn. Y: The Last Man and of course Saga are excellent.

Scott Synder. Wrote Batman: The Black Mirror. My favorite graphic novel. Also some awesome New 52 Batmans.

John Layman of Chew.

Like you I'm a big fan of Bendis (though I gotta say his GotG is pretty bad), his Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil and Jessica Jones comics are some of my favourite runs.

Mark Waid - He's put out some great DC and Marvel runs

Matt Fraction - Hawkeye is so good

G. Willow Wilson - Cuz Ms.Marvel

So many great authours out there!

Oh Tom King as well, his Vision is outstanding and I can't wait to read his Batman.

I haven't done monthly titles for decades now, but I'll second you on Kirkman. I'm in the 50's on my way through an Invincible binge and loving it.

BKV and Mark Millar.

I was really enjoying Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts before he went full SJW/tumblr on it. It sucks now.

Scott Snyder of course, his writing got me back into moderns
Geoff Johns, Green Lanter Rebirth and subsequent run ranks in my top 5 reads
Hickman, East of West is it for me man
Rememder, amazing world building and dedication to his craft without compromising
Fraction, his Hawkeye while short is Marvels best book since relaunching became the thing to do in my opinion
Aaron, dude has Thor down, wish he'd become worthy again already

Anything Brubaker writes I'm in to read.
Millar is the same way.

I'll read any of Bendis's independent books but I don't like his takes on established superheroes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brubaker
Fraction
Remender
BKV
Slott

Those are my solid 5 I'll read most of what they put out. Also, if you like the Marvel writers in that list and the output they do for that publication, their best work is usually in other publications like Veritgo or Image.

Snyder got my eye with his Batman run, but he needs another slam dunk or two.

My choice comic authors are Brian Bolland and Jack Kirby especially for Captain America's character.

Back