Best TFA Figure(s)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinman2000

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, I'm having HT withdrawals waiting to see if my BvS Batman clears the waitlist and wanted to step into collecting a few TFA figures; what would be a good figure to start with...Kylo, one of the many Troopers, or something else? Most of my figures are in museum poses but articulation can be important...is there anything I should stay away from? I understand it's a subjective question, I'm just looking for input on a good place to start.

Rey and BB8 is the best release so far from the film.
I am looking forward to getting my Han Solo when it releases too as the sculpt looks great. Kylo is a great figure though some would have liked an unmasked sculpt too. I have a few Troopers and I like the Snowtrooper Officer best. I do not own the Flametrooper but would like to pick one up eventually. If you are patient you can get good deals on the FO troops.

The original Hot Toys version wasn't too bad, but the update from Winter Soldier was even better IMO, apart from the head sculpt.

xY0Eo8X.jpg

Red Skull was pretty decent, as well.

The First Avenger was first thing that came to mind too lol. I don't own any Force Awakens figures but if I did it would be Rey.

I'm pretty happy with Kylo. The FO Tie Fighter Pilot was also really well done. I don't have him personally, but all the images and impressions I've seen were really positive.

I only own Rey w/ BB-8 and Kylo.

Rey is probably the most fun, to me. I like the posing options with her.

I love Kylo but I wish he came with an unmasked sculpt.

I want Han, but I think that's probably it for me with TFA with no Poe, and I'm thinking I'll wait on Finn until the next movie.

The figure that will be claimed as the best will be the 1/4 scale Kylo Ren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got all The Force Awakens figures and I'd definitely say Rey and BB-8 are the way to go first starting off. Finn makes a nice addition to them too but the height mod is a must for sure. I think all the troopers are great but they are limited on posing because of the rubber body suits under their armor. This isn't the case with the snowtroopers though. They are pretty awesome and have the best poseability. Kylo Ren is very good as well and Phasma looks good with the other troopers. The posing problem isn't a huge deal to me, because like you, I pretty much pose them once and leave them.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably order something from TFA before the weekend's out...then my BvS Batman will convert and I'll be charged for both. :gah: I'll most likely go with Kylo or a Trooper cause I'm waiting for a Jedi Rey release. Has anyone had issues with a Trooper turning yellow with age; I'm not a smoker, just wondering if they'll eventually go yellow like most white plastics.

Legitimately the best all around figure from the film so far is Rey with BB8. Bb8 is almost perfect and had s magnetic head that repositions to the top as you turn him over. Rey is almost perfect her belt is plastic and should be leather but all in all that's her only issue.

Kylo is ok but needs a lot of work, he needs his robes steamed and his hood needs to be unstitched to sit right. He's a bit too big and he has no maskless sculpt

Phasma is the second best overall figure. Looks perfect, the cape takes a bit of futzing but can be made to look great. Her only issue was thst she's a boring character who did nothing

Stormtrooper and all his variants are good but need to be completely stripped down and have a fat suit removed otherwise he can't assume a single pose some breaking of the armor is required for removal

Finn has a lot of issues it's a pretty bad figure.
Odd body and his clothes fit poorly, his shirt is gray not black and many have issues with his portrait.

All those snow troopers and tie pilots and what not I can't speak to, they are too inconsequential to consider spending over 200 a peice on.

Can't believe no ones said FO Tie Pilot. I think the updated design is probably the best of Imperial forces, he looks great out of the box, undersuit isn't pleather or rubber and gonna be questionable a few years down the road and can be gotten at a steal atm.

Can't believe no ones said FO Tie Pilot. I think the updated design is probably the best of Imperial forces, he looks great out of the box, undersuit isn't pleather or rubber and gonna be questionable a few years down the road and can be gotten at a steal atm.

FO Tie Pilot really is a great figure. Details on the helmet are outstanding. Bare bones as far as accessories go but there's not much he could come with besides blasters.

OK, I'm having HT withdrawals waiting to see if my BvS Batman clears the waitlist and wanted to step into collecting a few TFA figures; what would be a good figure to start with...Kylo, one of the many Troopers, or something else? Most of my figures are in museum poses but articulation can be important...is there anything I should stay away from? I understand it's a subjective question, I'm just looking for input on a good place to start.

Favorite stormtrooper is the Finn version for me, but it's only on eBay from overseas so it's selling for much more than it should. Rey/BB-8, Finn, and then Kylo are currently my favorites. Plan to get Han too.

It sort of depends if you're big into main characters or if you're okay with background troopers like the TIE Pilot and Snowtrooper that had limited time on screen. Those are both great but I admittedly grew bored of them due to that.

Kylo is a great deal right now @ Sideshow (free US shipping, $25 codes work) and can be had for cheap on eBay too.

Personally I'm only sticking with the TFA Chewbacca. I am getting it solely to have the character and not because of the film...I like the colour variation of the fur, bandolier and bowcaster better on this version. I am extremely tempted by the 1/4 Ren...but in the end I think I'll pass. But like I said if you want ONE figure to capture the movie I think it would be him. I did that for Nolan Batman with the 1/4 scale version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a lot of the TFA figures, and still more to come. Kylo was a nice surprise, expected a bare bones black figure and ended up really impressed by all the different textures and his poseability. Despite articulation issues on the troops they look great in hand and it really doesnt matter. You can pick them up really cheap now and look great in numbers. The flametrooper is really great and doesnt suffer as badly in the articulation. The tie pilot is another cheap figure which looks great on the shelf, lacks any accessories other than a pistol but im not sure what he could have so it doesnt matter. I love Finn and I havent done the height mod, however I dont have rey yet so we will see how much it bothers me then. Im still waiting on rey, bb8 and phasma coming (slow supplier) so i cant comment on them but they look great.

Back