OH NO!! I broke Indiana Jones ankle. He fell out of the detolf when I opened it. HELP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eljay360

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Freaks,
Super stressed and bummed on this. Indy fell out of the detolf and his boot came off. When I tried to push the ankle ball back into the hole it broke all around the edge of the hole. What do I do?? Does his shoe come off the foot or is it all one piece? And can I get a replacement anywhere that anyone knows? Or is there a fix that sombosdy knows?

Help me Freaks......you are my only hope. oh wait thats star wars.....but since he was in that too, screw it lol.

I assume we're talking 1:6 scale? If so the whole leg pulls off at the knee and if you have an old spare figure or a true type laying around you can just replace it

It is the Temple of Doom indy. 1/6 hot toys. And it is the ankle. The ball joint that fits inside of the shoe. Like the female part of the ball joint that is inside the shoe broke. I tried pulling the shoe off the foot to replace it, but didnt wanna ruin the boot as I didnt know if it was a foot in there or just the female part of that ball joint glued in to the shoe. I will add pics tommorow. Thank you everyone and sorry for late reply, my email didnt ding with this earlier. I will start checking this thread more often.

Heat the boot and ankle in boiling water. Pull the ankle portion out with needle nose pliers and replace with a compatible part. You can either buy a part on eBay or perhaps (once you post pictures) someone here will have a replacement part for you.

Last edited:
The paint on the boot wont get screwed up in boiling water? I am super psyched on this information though man and cant thank ya enough. The boot just seems a little flimsy so was worried about it. I tried needle nose yesterday but it was putting up a fight and I didnt wanna ruin the boot as they look to go for over 50 bucks on ebay ouch.

Never mind I looked at mine at understand fully what you're working with. My advice is to contact Sideshow a replacement. They're really good about that.

Took forever to get these uploaded sorry. Now let me know what you think. Thank you guys for helping.

Attachments

• Indy 1 (1).jpg
    Indy 1 (1).jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Indy 1 (2).jpg
    Indy 1 (2).jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Indy 1 (3).jpg
    Indy 1 (3).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 175
And that toy anxiety looks awesome and perfect for what I think I need. If you can just let me know after seeing these if that is the right thing. Even though it looks exactly correct lol, I am just new to Hot Toys. thanks.

It looks like all you really need is a new ankle joint. But you first have to retrieve the broken piece out of the foot part first. Is that right? The ankle piece is broken inside the foot? If you get a small drillbit, smaller than the diameter of the broken piece of ankle joint, drill that into the broken ankle joint bit in the foot, and then pull the broken piece out.

Then all you need is a new ankle joint:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ankle-Joint-for-New-Style-Sideshow-Body-1-6-scale-12-Action-Figure-/361570242060?hash=item542f440e0c:g:l5UAAOSwTdJXRcEL

Although it's a little hard to tell because of the lighting in your pictures, but it almost looks like there's something else going on in there...

I didn't try putty or glue as I need to fix it in case of reselling it later as if I don't do it now I will never do it lol.

And it is just the female ball joint attached to the foot that is busted. I just didn't know wether this dude had a foot in the boot, of if the joint was simply part of the boot. Like can I just remove the foot from the boot and replace that? Or do I need to buy new boots with the female ball joint part already inside of the boot?

But from what I am gathering here I should just boil or drill the old foot out and replace it with a new foot inside of the boot?

The Temple of Doom Indy has different body than normal. The ball joint is attached to the bottom of the leg. The female part is built into the foot which is glued (presumably) into the shoe. If it was me, I would buy the boots on Toyanxiety for $25 and call it a day.

The Temple of Doom Indy has different body than normal. The ball joint is attached to the bottom of the leg. The female part is built into the foot which is glued (presumably) into the shoe. If it was me, I would buy the boots on Toyanxiety for $25 and call it a day.

Totally agree and am doing it now. This store you guys sent me to is just so fkn awesome I keep adding more into my cart lol. Thanks for the tip guys. I have seen this site before but just thought it was another 1/6 generic site. Didnt know they were the king of replacement parts. This will help with my son destructo lol.

Back