Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It takes a special breed of soldier to pilot the exceptionally fast and maneuverable TIE Fighters that the Empire is so fond of - mostly because the Empire isn't huge on investing in shielding and armor.

Sideshow has managed to capture one of these pilots and we're offering him to you. The TIE Pilot Sixth Scale Figure from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story features:

An updated flight helmet sculpt with unique Rogue One: A Star Wars Story paint scheme
Newly sculpted torso armor and life-support pack with hoses
Fully articulated body
Newly developed flight pressurized G-Suit
Blastech E-11 rifle

Prepared to take to the skies against the Rebels, the TIE Pilot Sixth Scale Figure from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is set to strike fear into the very heart of the Galaxy and your collection today!
star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-01.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-02.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-03.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-05.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-11.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-12.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-13.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-14.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-15.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow Collectibles TIE Fighter Pilot (Vader's Wingman)

So any changes from this and the TIE Pilot they just released? Looks very simliar to me.

What's with the shiny First Order suit...?

Vader's wingman didn't have that shiny disco suit.

Looks good but missing the ANH grey tubing that should connect from the back to the chest piece

Such a weird release for Sideshow. This means both Hot Toys and Sideshow has the 1/6th Rogue One license. And I'm actually more curious if they'll say this guy was the same pilot that was Vader's wingman in ANH.

Review_RAHTIEFighterPilotBlack3Backstabber_still.jpg

Seems like it'll be a while for a HT TIE Pilot. Two companies are playing nice.

Sideshow had to get in on some Rogue action.

Looks nice. I only need one TIE though.

I didn't even notice it was for RO. I just thought they were re-releasing the pilot but with a slight variation or something. That IS interesting that both SS and HT have decided to complement each other's offerings "officially" kinda. Sideshow supposedly had the TFA license too but has never released any 1:6.

Such a weird release for Sideshow. This means both Hot Toys and Sideshow has the 1/6th Rogue One license. And I'm actually more curious if they'll say this guy was the same pilot that was Vader's wingman in ANH.

It's a way to use the R&D of something they just came out with. There isn't much difference between this and what they've put out I think.

Seems like it'll be a while for a HT TIE Pilot. Two companies are playing nice.

I wonder about that. I don't see HT missing an opportunity to hit while the iron is hot. I would imagine they'd slot it at the end of the run, maybe after the new year but I don't see HT waiting, which is probably why SSC's version is out so "early" from the film itself.

Malibu TIE Pilot, now with new hat.

:lol That's about right.

Re: Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One - (Vader's Wingman?)

I had never noticed that paint scheme on Vader's wingman!

I'm such a bad SW fan... :(

The figure looks great though, solid release.

The grey tubing isn't added until ROTJ, though it is nice to see the code cylinders added, they were missing from the original release. I am curious about the cogs on the shoulders, ANH they are printed and not stitched, these have a more stitched look to them. They also added the 2 belt boxes which ANH tie does not have, they are printed on the lego tie pilot as well for the Tie Striker. The flight suit does look more shiny, this could be a fabric change in the new films as well. The backplate also has the stormtrooper look, instead of the original flat back of the ANH pilots. Hoses look a bit shorter, but it would still be hard to turn your head in that one.

Re: Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One - (Vader's Wingman?)

I really wish someone would buy an actual light for the Sideshow photography department. Starting about two years ago, SSC decided they'd light prototypes with a single distant flashlight.

Back