Blitzway vs Hot Toys in Hand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jal76

Super Freak
Reaction score
Like most of the folks reading this I have a fairly healthy and equally diverse Hot Toys collection. It runs the gamut from Star Wars to Marvel to DC and anything and everything in between.
I used to have a huge collection of Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars figures and only a few pieces from Hot Toys. As the Hot Toys collection grew it reached the point that I could barely stand to look at the Sideshow figures because there was such a huge dip in quality between the Hot Toys side of my modest collectibles room and the Sideshow side. So the Sideshow pieces had to go and my 1/6 collecting became exclusively Hot Toys products. As the Hot Toys collection grew I even moved away from statues because they did not have the same visual appeal to me as Hot Toys figures and I crossed over into the realm of being a true and unapologetic Hot Toys loyalist. That Hot Toys logo is like a seal of quality for me and if I like the prototype pictures my experience with Hot Toys has been so strong that I feel comfortable taking a leap of faith and ordering or pre-ordering without in hand pictures or having seen a piece in person.
With the recent and tempting news and pictures of the Fight Club and Ghostbusters figures from Blitzway I have been tempted to branch out and embrace, for the first time in a long time, figures that....heaven forbid...were not produced by Hot Toys! The fact that they were sculpted by K.A. Kim who has been responsible for sculpting some of my favorite figures from Hot Toys was the final thing that wore me down.

My experience, and this could all be personal opinion, is that what I see in that first prototype picture from Hot Toys is pretty much what I end up getting (if not better). The sculpts are great, the paint is remarkable...they are consistent!
I would sometimes have a very...different experience with Sideshow Collectibles products...
I have never seen a Blitzway figure in person...just prototype pictures of Carlito and Tony Montana and a few online reviews which have all been raves. I am interested in opinions from experience in how these figures truly look in hand. Do they hold up to the prototypes? Are the paint apps as lifelike as they appear to be in the pictures...? Sorry for the long post but if you got this far I would love to hear you weigh in!

The only Blitzway figure i have is Tony Montana, and the quality is every bit a match for HT. If you didn't know it was Blitzway, you would just assume it was HT. I pre-ordered the 4-pack Ghostbusters set without hesitation.

Thanks for the feedback! That is great to know! Based upon pictures I imagined that this was the case but thought that it may be too good to be true! Glad it is true!

Blitzway are different from the other small companies.
They are owned by a rich guy and have their own dedicated factory to ensure quality .... something no other small player (and even large ones) could dream of doing.

Their recent Rocky statue is (I believe) the highest quality 1/4 mass produced mixed media statue ever released. It was under $500 which is insane for what we got. Just have a look at that thread....

The upcoming Fight Club and Ghostbusters figures will be Hot Toys quality.

the artists behind blitzway are from HT's hellboy, godfather, even tdk gordon.
breaking away from HT and their lackluster production line is one of the reason they'll come out better.

So I started this thread because I was really enthusiastic about what I would be getting out of my Tyler Durden and Ghostbusters pre-orders...sadly now that in hand pictures of Tyler Durden have been released my question has actually been answered and my Blitzway pre-orders have been canceled. I am truly disappointed as I was looking forward to some competition for Hot Toys and another source for 1/6 collectibles....

Yes, Hot Toys are the best. Their promo shots always MATCH what they release. There is NO equal in the 1:6 collecting world. All HAIL Hot Toys.

Howard stands by his logo.

dsc_4023.jpg

(Literally).

hottoy_EN_blog.jpg

https://www.moneyhero.com.hk/blog/en/howard-chan-turns-hobby-into-hot-toys

A year ago today:

2. Never Sacrifice Quality...

just blame the factory for most of the issues, use BS rationale why the massive final paint app mismatch was done intentionally. l

LOLz

I never said that, but even the most ardent HT fan would have to admit their quality is occasionally... erratic.

I mean, they've had figures that literally melted.

I may have been spoiled by good luck that the lines and figures that I have been interested in have consistently exceeded my expectations in hand...the only figure that I have ever acquired that I have had to somewhat forgive is the Hot Toys Avengers Bruce Banner...but that is a very tricky face sculpt to get right...

I may have been spoiled by good luck that the lines and figures that I have been interested in have consistently exceeded my expectations in hand...the only figure that I have ever acquired that I have had to somewhat forgive is the Hot Toys Avengers Bruce Banner...but that is a very tricky face sculpt to get right...

no pink panty ironmen?

I have bought figures for many different companies. Hot Toys are by far the best. Are they flawless? No. But they are a grade above everything else I have had in hand. I like Threezero and Mondo, but they both feel cheap compared to HT. The Dredd is good, very good, but nowhere near HT good. I had faith in BW, but so far, they have disappointed with FC, I really, really hope they will get it right with GB, cause HT needs competition, so they can stay sharp.

I think it's hilarious how people were saying Blitzway owns 2016 and they **** all over Hot Toys, then the FC figures are released and then suddenly it's all doom and gloom lol.

I think it's funny that people are heaping praise on Blitzway when they've released what six figures (the two Scarface figures, the Carlito's Way figure, and the three Fight Club figures)? Out of those five are variants of the same characters. Sure they have the Ghostbusters line coming but until they're at the level of producing multiple lines and more than a few figures a year at the same level of consistency as Hot Toys they're nowhere close in my opinion. Not that they haven't released some decent figures but I hardly view them as a true competitor.

Back