Voltron Premium Art Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phastroh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so I just go my art today so of course I opened it and unrolled it.

My daughter decides to touch it albeit very gentle by acrid a small black part. Now the spot is no longer black as if you can see the bumps on the paper. It's not something everyone would see or better yet jump out at you but it was solid black.

Right now the anger is surging through me but I am not going to yell.

Is this spot destroyed permanently? Any suggestions?

I already put it away. It's rolled up so I'll didn't really have a way to take one but lit me see if I can.

It looks far less noticeable in person because these photos make it look real bad. The flash makes it look very bad so the bad ones I used the flash. IMG_8593.jpgIMG_8594.jpgIMG_8595.jpgIMG_8596.jpgIMG_8597.jpg

Not sure why the ink should be that 'fragile'. I would contact Sideshow CS directly via phone.

There's nothing you'll be able to do to 'fix' that.

I actually sent an email to the artist. I only asked what he thinks is a good idea to fix it.

I was not in any way blaming him, clearly he has nothing to do with it. I considered using a black colored pencil and lightly shade it. A high quality brand but I'll contact SS today.

I actually sent an email to the artist. I only asked what he thinks is a good idea to fix it.

I was not in any way blaming him, clearly he has nothing to do with it. I considered using a black colored pencil and lightly shade it. A high quality brand but I'll contact SS today.

Another good idea by contacting the artist. Let us know how it works out.

I would wonder if SS could even have a backup for limited art. I know they make you destroy stuff so that if it happens will be terrible. They should take stuff back and donate it for children.

I would wonder if SS could even have a backup for limited art. I know they make you destroy stuff so that if it happens will be terrible. They should take stuff back and donate it for children.

Maybe. That's a good question, not quite sure what they do.

Well mine didn't come that way but a gust of wind may be too much. I tested it as I said and no lie I barely barely touched it. No print should do that. I doubt they'll be able to replace it and it would be horrible to have to destroy it if so.

Lol omg do they just copy and paste replies. This is in no way how the others look what a lie. A statue I can see cuz I've received one or 2 with issues. Art reprints common no way plus this didn't come like thiS.

Attachments

• IMG_8681.jpg
    IMG_8681.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 49
Sorry screenshot was small here's a copy and paste.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit your pictures to us regarding your Voltron art print.

Upon taking a look your pictures and comparing them to a few pieces we have on hand, I’m happy to confirm that your print appears normal! As with any hand-crafted and hand-painted piece of art, there will be minor variations in the paint application from piece to piece. These are considered normal for any statue, and any replacement we could provide you would likely be similar to your current Voltron art print. ​

If this piece does not match your expectations, we will be happy to issue a refund for the purchase price of this item as you are still within our 30 Day Product Guarantee.

We look forward to hearing back so we can take care of this for you!
Best Regards,

The said the only ones left are for a giveaway. They admit it's not right for it to do that.

So hmm give it away or replace the one the sent a paying customer. Never saw contest announcement and even if there was who cares I paid for a reject.

Saying none are left is one thing but then saying well we have 2 here but they are for contests is a bit of a slap to the face. I have like $2500 still left in POs not that it's the most but really.

I did reply question this choice and asked who can cancel that contest so I get an undefective pic. I even mentioned how it's my fave over all my other purchases and POs.

Do other print of this issue if "touched" in the same manner?

How exactly "albeit gentle" did your daughter touch it? She an art student looking at something or did you turn your back on your 3 year old? :p

I assume you just never really were supposed to touch it anyway. Wondering cause I was looking at getting some prints, never got any before.

As a contest winner for something else, they probably dont want to sent the ones for the contest...because they are already someone's returns and are probably worse than your anyway. :rotfl

No she's 8 and I saw her and I myself touched it light as a feather and the result was identical to hers. I did it next to the same spot.

It can't be normal and SS agreed even with a firmer touch that shouldn't happen. These are machine made prints and should not smear or come up especially with that light of touch. It was as if you are tickling someone.

They are more than welcome to test it if they replace it.

I've had others say it's not normal who own pieces. I asked if possible it wasn't dried right but they don't know.

According to her the email had made its rounds into the art department with no explanation. Either they are saying BS without saying it or just don't know and as I said they are welcome to test it themselves.

Back