20th Anniversary of Buffy in 2017 - will you want new collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is Buffy over?

There doesn't seem to be the same excitement for collectibles for Buffy that we still see for Firefly and a resurgence in older properties like Trek or Back to the Future. Would you buy new Buffy 1:6 at current quality/price levels? What characters would you want to see at those price points?

If they got the likenesses down right, I'd be interested in the whole line. Buffy and the Scooby-Gang, Angel, Spike and Dru, Darla, Wesley, some of the Big Bads and other villains, (definitely the Gentlemen and a Sweet) etc. I'd even get a whiny Dawn! And if it's not asking too much, I'd love to see a 1/6 scale Smile Time Angel in both human and vampire form. Maybe even a battle damaged wee little puppet-man with his stuffing hanging out. I'd probably pass on the Triumvirate of Evil though. Dumb nerds.
Ryan

I would love buffy to come back to the 1/6 scale world
Was always a favourite of mine
And was actually what really got me started in a big way in the 12 inch market

I would be all in, provided the sculpts/paint were top notch and they were loaded with accessories.

New buffy statue would be great. I just month ago finished watching the series in Netflix and it's still good.

I'm in for them all, if the quality is there. Twenty years? Say it ain't so.........

Absolutely I would. At Hot Toys prices though I wouldn't want a gigantic collection comprising every single character, but I would definitely want these at least:

Buffy, obviously, with her classic early seasons look of the black dress and go-go boots
Vampire Buffy
"The Wish" alternate universe battle-hardened Buffy with the ponytail and the scar
Willow
"The Wish" vampire Willow
Tara
Dawn
Angel
Angelus
Drusilla with human face
Drusilla with vampire face
Darla with human face
Darla with vampire face
The Master
Faith
The Mayor
Glory

...and those are just off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch that I would want, and also I haven't even mentioned any of the characters from Angel yet...

In all honesty, if they started fresh, I'd follow the line. I want them all from both Buffy AND Angel. I'm not done. I'll even take a nice Illyria PF, please and thank you.

And what's extra important to note is that I have all of SSC's Buffy 1:6 (and PF's) and I'd still be down for more!

Last edited:
I would be all in as well. I own all of the 1:4 PF and 1:5 statues but would be in for a new series. I think the 20th anniversary is a perfect time to launch. And yes, I'd like to see all of the main characters from both Buffy and Angel, including Doyle, Lorne, and even Harmony.

The only things I didn't keep/sold were the Willow, Spike and Buffy on throne from the 1:5 lineup. I really love Angel and Faith so I kept those beauties and they still display nicely. I am not really a huge 1:5 line kind of girl. I'm not a huge 1:6 but would still happily own 'em all. PF is my dream but the problem there is by the time you're done with the line, you've sold your house to pay for it. :lol

The first Buffy PF is a great likeness--the best Sarah Michelle Gellar likeness we've ever gotten--and it stands proudly on my shelf. It's marred only by a lack of detail in the sculpted hair. A display base with some actual detail would have been nice too, and I hate the fact that the name "Buffy" is sculpted on the front. But for its time it was a great PF. I assume if we got 1/4 scale statues now they would cost a lot more but also be up to a higher standard as far as sculpt detailing and a more interesting base are concerned.

To tell the truth though I would prefer some other company get the Buffy license. I don't trust Sideshow on human likenesses and especially not on paint-work. Hot Toys giving us a line of 1/6 figures would be a dream come true.

Back