1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Rogue One - Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of a specialized Stormtrooper patrolling the streets of planet Jedha in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story featuring a completely new Stormtrooper helmet and armor, newly developed fabric under-suit, newly designed backpack, white colored pauldron, detailed weapon and accessories, and a specially designed exclusive figure stand!

14354956_10153819096877344_8386062290878460688_n.jpg

14468410_10153819096882344_4326447637957084396_o.jpg

14352069_10153819096887344_3970734861495248363_o.jpg

That's looking good. Does this mean that it won't be available to order on sites like Sideshow though?

My guess is that the backdrop and stand is the TRU exclusive.

There was a FO Stormtrooper that was TRU Exclusive too and that just had a different stand right? The figure itself was availible through Sideshow.

It will be the same as the squad leader stormtrooper last year. Initial batch of 300 for tru and then general release with different stand later.

I think the Toys R Us exclusive version is only at the Hong Kong Toys R Us too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The figure looks a bit odd fitted...especially the lower body portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figure looks a bit odd fitted...especially the lower body portion.

I thought so too, but I don't know enough of the detail to know exactly the difference. Like the helmet is supposed to be different. I see that it is, but not sure what makes it so different, just know that it looks different to my eye.

I thought so too, but I don't know enough of the detail to know exactly the difference. Like the helmet is supposed to be different. I see that it is, but not sure what makes it so different, just know that it looks different to my eye.

597e3e3a2a661ce37adfb1b347479182.jpg

Yes. The eye lense portion has a very different shape. Comes to show how difficult it is to replicate those old moulds.

Is it the armor cut or do these guys look short legged? Doesn't matter, I want one, but there is definitely something up with the lower portion.

597e3e3a2a661ce37adfb1b347479182.jpg

Yes. The eye lense portion has a very different shape. Comes to show how difficult it is to replicate those old moulds.

They weren't attempting to replicate the old molds. What they were going for was what an actual functional Stormtrooper armor would look like using modern techniques as opposed to the cheaply made and poorly molded suits from the 70s.

A lot of the "charm" of the original suits actually come from defects and mistakes in the molding process and the fact that they were all hand sculpted without the benefit of computers and 3D printers.

They weren't attempting to replicate the old molds. What they were going for was what an actual functional Stormtrooper armor would look like using modern techniques as opposed to the cheaply made and poorly molded suits from the 70s.

A lot of the "charm" of the original suits actually come from defects and mistakes in the molding process and the fact that they were all hand sculpted without the benefit of computers and 3D printers.

True. And still the old Stormtrooper is so cool and iconic, that people who have no idea about differences in armors and helmets, still feel that there is something different there, and not always for the good.

These new suits are more form fitting and result in making them look thinner and taller.

To my eye, it just looks "off" compared to the OT troopers.

These new suits are more form fitting and result in making them look thinner and taller.

To my eye, it just looks "off" compared to the OT troopers.

Compared to OT TRoopers, "off" definitely is the word. But with that said, they look more like what an Imperial Army of faceless troopers would look like. These guys armors are mass produced and issued to soldiers and they actually come across like that actually happens now.

I know it's not popular around these parts but I do prefer the more uniformed look of the Troopers in this movie. I'm very curious now as to what era's the other Anthology films will take place in and if these designs will be used again.

Back