Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    ©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Default Re: Temple Of Doom Fans

This is probably a long shot but does anyone have a spare 1/6 "heart" available for sale?

I just can't bring myself to pay $27 bucks for one on ebay.

My Mola Ram needs his bleeding heart...
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Did you check again with Spenser? He did say everyone who got his outfit will get a heart. That said, I'm waiting on mine too. I'm thinking when he gets back to Short Round in February would be the best time for him to follow up on that.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    Did you check again with Spenser? He did say everyone who got his outfit will get a heart. That said, I'm waiting on mine too. I'm thinking when he gets back to Short Round in February would be the best time for him to follow up on that.
    Yep. I reached out twice to him but never heard back. I didn't want to keep bugging him, as I'm sure he's busy, so I figured perhaps another option would be possible. But I'm in no rush if it will eventually be made available.
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

I found a local mine that was doing tours, so I put together a 'Temple Of Doom' photoshoot with some local cosplayers!

(I can't post links or photos yet since my account is new)

I've been working slowly on a costume for years, getting a few items from WHAT PRICE GLORY, and some vintage New York Giants hats from eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronHorrocks View Post
    I found a local mine that was doing tours, so I put together a 'Temple Of Doom' photoshoot with some local cosplayers!

(I can't post links or photos yet since my account is new)

I've been working slowly on a costume for years, getting a few items from WHAT PRICE GLORY, and some vintage New York Giants hats from eBay.

Definitely want to see these, this sounds awesome.

I read the article from not too long ago where Spielberg disowns TOD and called it horrific. Sad to see even Spielberg has disowned TOD No doubt his vocal disdain for it has only added to the hate. I wonder if he's ever had a chance to re-visit the film? He was firing on all cylinders when he made that film and you'd never be able to tell it's director hated the film with how energetic it is.

One thing about TOD that always stuck out to me is the opening title, how it's the only one of the series that actually uses the comic book-esque, pulp style whereas the other three using the basic black and white text. I think the opening title (combined with the musical number the film opens with) really sets the tone for what a larger than life adventure TOD is and how it really embraces the pulp roots of the character. It'd be awesome if 5 used the font for the opening titles.

Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
    One thing about TOD that always stuck out to me is the opening title, how it's the only one of the series that actually uses the comic book-esque, pulp style whereas the other three using the basic black and white text. I think the opening title (combined with the musical number the film opens with) really sets the tone for what a larger than life adventure TOD is and how it really embraces the pulp roots of the character. It'd be awesome if 5 used the font for the opening titles.
    Great points. I loved the opening scenes of TOD right up until they jumped out of the airplane in a life raft. That was a "What da?!" wincing moment that only got worse with each drop.

The raft as parachute stunt is absurd for sure but I find the movie makes it work. It's no more out there than any other outlandish stunt in the series, which I think is part of the appeal of the series as a whole. Plus I think with more pulpy feel and tone the film was going for it fit. TOD of all the films really feels like it tried to replicate the tone, feel, style and visuals of the vintage adventure serials and pulp comics that inspired the character to begin with, and there's numerous shots you'd swear they used the pulp comics as storyboards.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
    The raft as parachute stunt is absurd for sure but I find the movie makes it work. It's no more out there than any other outlandish stunt in the series, which I think is part of the appeal of the series as a whole. Plus I think with more pulpy feel and tone the film was going for it fit. TOD of all the films really feels like it tried to replicate the tone, feel, style and visuals of the vintage adventure serials and pulp comics that inspired the character to begin with, and there's numerous shots you'd swear they used the pulp comics as storyboards.
    AGREED.