Sideshow changes Harmonized Code for export?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collectorcol

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just read this on SF...

So thanks to Simon MacDonald, all of future shipments were updated to the Harmonized code 9703.00.0000 for Original Sculptures And Statuary, In Any Material, meaning that we won't be paying as much tax and duty on Sideshow's products! What a glorious day it is! I just got of the chat with Aliesha and she did confirm this. No more paying 23% VAT and 6% duty for me. Instead it's 13.5 % now!!!

Could make a huge difference.
Hope it's true.

I almost discounted any future purchase because the silly prices aren't worth it anymore.

At 5% Duty RS may be a future purchase it she turns out well.
Wolf LSB is still way overpriced so still passing. The upcoming DP might be tempting as long as it's not crazy expensive.

I ordered the CP P2 Bust locally and thinking it would be cheaper direct if the code has changed :slap :lol
Depending how much they charge to ship...

SSAlex from statue forum "Confirmed. The code has been changed for shipments going to applicable regions/countries that the code is applied to. "

If that means 5% on VAT for statues here on out I'm so gonna regret letting the Geralt EX Witcher statue slip away last night.

I got a call today from Fed EX who left a message on my answering machine that I have to pay £116.12 on Red Sonja, and I have to pay either by calling customer service or emailing them. They used to just deliver statues and send the customs invoice in the mail weeks later, and then I'd pay by bank transfer.

I planned on trying to fight the charge using the 9703.00.0000 harmonized code on the invoice, but without the invoice in hand what the hell can I do now but pay the bill and then try to take it up with customs later?

I'm getting charged today for RS.

I pay automatically so will be battling, again, for them to adjust for RPs used and, hopefully, the new HC.

£116 is a joke!

I need the invoice that's shipped with the statue, SS site doesn't give me a harmonized code or anything actually useful to opening a claim with customs or fed-ex to point out their error, I need the paper trail.

Normally this comes with the customs bill a week or two after fed-ex delivers the statue to my door.

My wife called them up and paid the bill by phone for Red Sonja already, so I'm hoping to get the invoice with the statue delivery or that it will be sent a week later.

I should just be happy my statues finally coming, only slightly worried about the magnets being strong, or paint quality, or statue breakage, but instead I'm worried because Dark Phoenix is just around the corner, and I don't want to have to do this song and dance with her as well.

As posted on Statue Forum (sorry mods for cross-posting - but this is quite important) . . .

Statue forum/VS1976 said:
. . . I spoke with a Sideshow Rep today and apparently they have fought CBSA to not use the harmonized code that charges the additional 6.5% tariff tax. It is unfortunate out of there hand. They asked me to contact my fedex broker.

I wrote 2 emails to CBSA stipulating that they can not impose this tariff tax because (1) no competitors making these type of collectibles (2) these statues uses mixed material such as cloth, metal, pvc, batteries, movable and switchable parts and it needs to be assembled like a Leco, therefore it's not a true statuette class. I also emphasis these are adult toys and if they impose the new harmonized code, then they have to do it with toys such as Barbie & action figures such as Transformers. However the email I got back is they will not reply back up to 10 days from now.

Now since I have a Fedex account and I encourage every Canadian consumers to set up a free account. The VAT Rod $10 handling fee are waived always so it's an incentive to have an account with them. I'd spoke with a FedEx agent(s) and this is what you need to do once they give you a direct FedEx broker email so they can follow up with your concern and deal with CBSA.

1) provide our account number & phone number.
2) write the harmonized code 3926.40.000
3) specific issue why they shouldn't use that code as I listed above.
4) use the suggested code 9503.00.000 or 9825.30.000 etc.

Now what they will do for you (which is better then nothing), once ssc gives you the tracking number, contact your FedEx broker and ask them what is the harmonized code. If it's 3926.40.000 then immediately file a complaint that they should not use it. They will immediately investigate and put the right HC code. The reason why you need to do this is because you don't see the invoice until they charge your credit card. This wouldn't be for 3 weeks or so.

Now I'm waiting back to hear from CBSA but they need to remove the impose HC that they have on sideshow.

Also - not sure if it helps (not the same thing but IS related to import duty) - I signed THIS as well (emailed by eBay yesterday) . . . https://www.ebaymainstreet.com/peti...ernment-increase-canadas-de-minimis-threshold

Just got my invoice.

Although the amount I paid was clearly shown and the Harmonized Code '9703' was used I still got charged 20% on the full retail value Meaning I was charged £102.08.

Why are Fed-Ex still ignoring the HC and charging 20% V.A.T?

Complaint made and waiting on investigation.

Just got my invoice.

Although the amount I paid was clearly shown and the Harmonized Code '9703' was used I still got charged 20% on the full retail value Meaning I was charged £102.08.

Why are Fed-Ex still ignoring the HC and charging 20% V.A.T?

Complaint made and waiting on investigation.

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm due to have a Prime 1 megatron statue ordered on sideshow, arrive soon and don't want to be stung

Hope this helps.

Message sent...

To: [email protected];

After calling Fed-Ex about incorrect charges applied I received this email.
To be honest I don't even know what it means or what you are requesting.

I find it astonishing that once again, probably the fourth time, I have to do the work on finding links to information and quotes to send to you so I can pay the correct duties on my imported goods.

Surely a company as big as Fed-Ex should know how to apply Import tax?!

PICTURE A:

Why was I charged 20% V.A.T when the harmonized code is clearly stated as 5%?

https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/headings/9703

Import

The commodity code for importing is 9703000000.

Goods are subject to VAT reduced rate 5%.

PICTURE B:

Why was I charged V.A.T on the full price when the discounted price I paid is clearly stated?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...for-customs-purposes-vat-and-trade-statistics

3.4 How do I arrive at the customs value?

You base it on the price actually paid or payable by the buyer to the seller for the goods. This means the total payment made or to be made by the buyer to or for the benefit of the seller for the imported goods.

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/gacvmanual/gacv07050.htm

GACV07050 - Exclusions from the customs value: discounts and allowances

An invoice will sometimes show a discount from the price payable for the goods. If the buyer and seller are not related any discount shown on the seller's invoice however described, is normally allowable when calculating the customs value.

As said I can't believe I have to provide this information to Fed-EX... Again.

I look forward to getting this matter resolved.

Kind regards.

Reply ...

Dear Mr *********

Thank you for your e-mail regarding invoice *********.

As advised HMRC will only accept an amendment to an entry if the dispute comes from the importer in writing.

Your query has been passed to the FedEx Brokerage Administration Services Department (BAS) to contact HMRC on your behalf. If you need any further updates on your amendment after the 12 week period, the BAS department are contactable on 02476 702692.

Best Regards

If I understand their reply correctly (quite possible I don't) - it's the same here in Canada.

You have to pay FedEx up-front for whatever they have charged, then contact Revenue Canada Customs (via snail-mail!) for any refund owed. Takes 2-3 months!

The exception is the FedEx fees which they SOMETIMES charge even though I have an account - since those are due to FedEx, they will refund/subtract those themselves.

Back