How can I tell if a Hot Toys product being sold on Amazon or Ebay is a KO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking at a HT Arc Reactor Tony Stark for $230 free shipping from a seller with very high positive feedback, tons of HT and Sideshow products for sale at realistic prices. I asked the seller if it was authentic HT product and he replied "Yes its authentic, sealed and new" but in very broken english with poor spelling. He's based in Hong Kong...

Is this too good to be true or does it seem realistic?

Thanks in advance for your help

If you feel that it's too good to be true...it probably is.

Go with your gut.

Seeing as the last few auctions have sold for anywhere from $175-230... Don't see what would make you think it's a scam? That price is on high side of current sold items...

Last edited:
First, I don't think there are that many KO HT
Second, what do you care? If you like the figure, buy it, KO or genuine. Are collecting figures or HT?

I agree to an extent. But I'd like to know upfront whether I'm buying a knock off or the real thing. Knowing so will sway how much I'm willing to spend on a particular item.

First, I don't think there are that many KO HT
Second, what do you care? If you like the figure, buy it, KO or genuine. Are collecting figures or HT?
It's more to do with price. If it's a KO, I'm sure as hell not paying authentic prices for them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Eh. HT made their money off the sold out items and scalpers will charge an arm and a leg. As long as both parties are aware that the figure is not authentic HT, I don't see a problem. I own a couple of KO's and the quality is relatively good for the price as long as you keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If nothing else, they make good backgrounf deco for filling out a shelf. Plus, I believe HT skirted that grey area in the beginning, as well. Inguess my point is, as long as you know it's a bootleg.

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously!

I don't give a rat's ass about HT or any company BTW. I'm only interested in the figure and and the character. I own an original Wolverine, and a few years back, got some Knock off parts to make a second one. You couldn't tell the difference! So why should I prefer a figure that cost some 200 bucks over a figure that cost me 70?
Because it's legit? Who cares if it is?

Yeah, seriously!

I don't give a rat's ass about HT or any company BTW. I'm only interested in the figure and and the character. I own an original Wolverine, and a few years back, got some Knock off parts to make a second one. You couldn't tell the difference! So why should I prefer a figure that cost some 200 bucks over a figure that cost me 70?

The problem here is that it's not a $70 KO, it's listed as new in box, and is charging more than the original HT retail price. Many rats asses given.

Sure, but it's probably the genuine article here! I don't think there's any cause of worry, and no, I wouldn't buy a knock off for the price of a genuine figure.

But when there was a knock off Groot I didn't hesitate one second since I wouldn't have paid HT's asking price anyway. I also have a KO Hulk (I have two originals though) to make a Doomsday one day, and two days ago, I was pissed to see that a knock off set to make a KO Skywalker is being offered when I finally bought the guy a week before. Fortunately, my Obi Wan will be 100% KO. Now I just need to find a KO Leia and I'll be finished with my Star Wars collection. See? I'm mercenary that way!:)

Sure, but it's probably the genuine article here! I don't think there's any cause of worry, and no, I wouldn't buy a knock off for the price of a genuine figure.

But when there was a knock off Groot I didn't hesitate one second since I wouldn't have paid HT's asking price anyway. I also have a KO Hulk (I have two originals though) to make a Doomsday one day, and two days ago, I was pissed to see that a knock off set to make a KO Skywalker is being offered when I finally bought the guy a week before. Fortunately, my Obi Wan will be 100% KO. Now I just need to find a KO Leia and I'll be finished with my Star Wars collection. See? I'm mercenary that way!:)

No doubt, bashing and KO's are whats up, but that wasn't the question here. Merc on my dude. :gun

Yeah, seriously!

You have your preferences and we have ours.

The point was people wouldn't pay authentic prices for KO. Never said anything about not buying a KO figure for cheaper than retail.

I don't know why you're going off topic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a HT Arc Reactor Tony Stark for $230 free shipping from a seller with very high positive feedback, tons of HT and Sideshow products for sale at realistic prices. I asked the seller if it was authentic HT product and he replied "Yes its authentic, sealed and new" but in very broken english with poor spelling. He's based in Hong Kong...

Is this too good to be true or does it seem realistic?

Thanks in advance for your help

If you emailed the guy and he says it is authentic, then go for it. $230 is a good deal for him.

KNOCK OFFS ARE NOT HT QUALITY.

That's why you should avoid them if you want something that doesn't feel bootleg.

You would be ****ing delusional to think they are the same.

Back