American Horror Story Season 6 - My Roanoke Nightmare

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Went in to it cold this season. I've ignore all info and commercials for it.

Eh, it was ok. I like the documentary touch to it with the 'interview' and 'reenactment' but at the same time don't. Lily Rabe is much better too look at than long faced Sarah Paulson.

I actually really really loved it. Seemed like a good old fashioned horror episode that was a bit simpler and actually scared me! That was new. Usually AHS is just super bizarre, which can be fun, but it's not spooky.

No wacky sex or rape scenes either - yet, at least - which was a relief. AHS was getting stale imo and I found this episode refreshing. And I love Sarah Paulson.

I went in cold also and was very entertained by the first episode. I think this might be the most scariest episode of all AHS episodes. Love the new documentary aspect. Looking forward to were it goes.

Last season’s HOTEL was horrible, just pure garbage.

Paulson and Basset were great. They made me forget I was watching another season of AHS. The problem I might have (not sure yet) is once I saw a glimpse of Bates and the cop from HOTEL my level of excitement dropped just a little almost like “Oh these guys again”!

What's the theme this year?

No theme has been formally announced. But yesterdays episode had a documentary/dramatization/blair witch feel/caught of camera/ghost feel

Went in to it cold this season. I've ignore all info and commercials for it.

Eh, it was ok. I like the documentary touch to it with the 'interview' and 'reenactment' but at the same time don't. Lily Rabe is much better too look at than long faced Sarah Paulson.

I'm good with the documentary style, it reminds me of some of the ghost shows my wife and I watch like Paranormal Witness, A Haunting etc...

At least Sarah Paulson looks normal this season - no multiple heads or anything.:lol

I actually really really loved it. Seemed like a good old fashioned horror episode that was a bit simpler and actually scared me! That was new. Usually AHS is just super bizarre, which can be fun, but it's not spooky.

No wacky sex or rape scenes either - yet, at least - which was a relief. AHS was getting stale imo and I found this episode refreshing. And I love Sarah Paulson.

I thought it was a good start as well. It'll be interesting to look back a few weeks from now to see how many directions the story has gone since the begining of the season.

I wasn't too thrilled with the premiere, but the teaser for the next episode looked pretty intense. I'm curious to see how it all unfolds.

using it as a documentary is kind of ridiculous ... you dont buy into that concept cause you know there are actors anyway.. so the kind of "reality touch" gets lost right there..

Then.. you know nothing is going to happen to them cause the "real people" are telling what happened in the "documentary"

it would be not bad at all so far if the fake documentary part would have left out...

i keep watching but not crazy for it so far

using it as a documentary is kind of ridiculous ... you dont buy into that concept cause you know there are actors anyway.. so the kind of "reality touch" gets lost right there..

Then.. you know nothing is going to happen to them cause the "real people" are telling what happened in the "documentary"

it would be not bad at all so far if the fake documentary part would have left out...

I thought about that as well. I'm thinking that maybe the "documentary" part only lasts a couple episodes and then picks up on what happens to the couple after.

i keep watching but not crazy for it so far

I completely agree. The documentary stuff was totally unnecessary and pulled me out of the story. Actors reenacting scenes for other actors is just a waste.

It's shocking that a series as well received and successful as AHS would steal the lesser known Paranormal Witness TV show's format.
I liked Paranormal Witness when they had variety and did quite a few monster themed episodes in the first season and a few of them in the second season but they quickly dropped that for nothing but repetitive ghost stores, so I stopped watching.
Now I'm watching the same show as AHS. :lol
I'll keep watching AHS, but I'm not a fan of the direction of Season 6 so far.

They stopped broadcasting it here on TV after Season 2. I have 1-4 all on bluray, but to be honest haven't been able to get into Season 4 at all. I've heard bad things about Season 5 which should be available soon... Not sure whether to buy it, or even finish 4 to be honest.

I liked Asylum the most, right down to the final episode. Murder House started well, but I went off it a little. Coven I actually enjoyed, but it felt very different and almost a standalone show. The large changes made to the cast probably played a part in that. The continuous coming back from the dead was a bit overdone though..

Back