Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platty

Super Freak
Reaction score
Big chief have the rights to James Bond. Amazing news!

Check out the awesome announcement by visiting their website: www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk

It's about time the 1:6 community saw official James Bond figures and I for one couldn't be happier!

Re: Big Chief studios - James Bond Collector figures

crazy news.. I hope for leaps and bounds of improvment from this company to do justice to the license though.

First three figures are Connery, Goldfinger, and Oddjob from Goldfinger.

That's huge, despite my love/hate relationship with Big Chief.

I'd be very tempted to buy each era's Bond, but Big Chief are too costly for me to personally see myself going past that. I just hope they finally get their paint apps to a solidly reliable place.

The time it takes them to release figures is going to hurt this license. Why not do a Craig first?

Goldfinger isn't one of my favourite Bond films (same with the villain and henchman), despite it's iconic status, so I might skip the first three figures. There will be a bit of cherry picking going on.

It'll take about 4 years to get the first three figures in the line if you go by BC's release history.

I have very big interess about this!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Craig should have definitely been first

Agreed. They should have made an official Craig to put all the customs to shame.

Though a new 64 Connery is positively shocking.

At the earliest they could get Craig out is in 5 years. The new Bond actor will be firmly planted in the role by then so they shouldn't even bother.

It'll take about 4 years to get the first three figures in the line if you go by BC's release history.

11th Doctor Series 6 - Pre-order November 2011 Release August 2012 - 10 months
Amy Pond Series 6 - Pre-order March 2012 Release March 2013 - 12 months
10th Doctor 50th Anniversary - Pre-order January 2013 - Release December 2013 - 11 months
4th Doctor 50th Anniversary - Pre-order July 2013 - Release December 2013 - 6 months
1st Doctor Commemorative Edition - Pre-order July 2014 - Release January 2015 - 7 months
11th Doctor Series 7 - Pre-order October 2014 - Release July 2015 - 10 months
12th Doctor Series 8 - Pre-order December 2014 - Release November 2015 - 12 months
10th Doctor Series 4 - Pre-order February 2015 - Release November 2015 - 10 months
9th Doctor Series 1 - Pre-order October 2015 - Release TBC shipping from China end September 2016 - 13 months approx delayed 3 months for improved paint apps
Clara Oswald Series 7B - Pre-order March 2016 - Release TBC estimated shipping from China end January 2017

Average timing 9-10 months

I wonder what changed Barbara's mind?It was Big Chief who told us a couple of years ago now that we wouldn't see any more Bond figures.I really should be more excited about this,can't work out why I'm not...

I doubt EON Productions is going to accept a once a year single figure release schedule. I suspect BC will make the releases pretty much the way Sideshow did when they had the license. Two or three theme related figures at a time in a reasonably timely manner.
Looking forward to seeing these first figures. I hope they're of the quality were hoping for. BC figures seem a little spotty to me and this would be a good time to step up their game to the level we see from Hot Toys and some of the other better producers. The Bond license is a very big deal.

I doubt EON Productions is going to accept a once a year single figure release schedule. I suspect BC will make the releases pretty much the way Sideshow did when they had the license. Two or three theme related figures at a time in a reasonably timely manner.
Looking forward to seeing these first figures. I hope they're of the quality were hoping for. BC figures seem a little spotty to me and this would be a good time to step up their game to the level we see from Hot Toys and some of the other better producers. The Bond license is a very big deal.

How would you expect them to do that?

11th Doctor Series 6 - Pre-order November 2011 Release August 2012 - 10 months
Amy Pond Series 6 - Pre-order March 2012 Release March 2013 - 12 months
10th Doctor 50th Anniversary - Pre-order January 2013 - Release December 2013 - 11 months
4th Doctor 50th Anniversary - Pre-order July 2013 - Release December 2013 - 6 months
1st Doctor Commemorative Edition - Pre-order July 2014 - Release January 2015 - 7 months
11th Doctor Series 7 - Pre-order October 2014 - Release July 2015 - 10 months
12th Doctor Series 8 - Pre-order December 2014 - Release November 2015 - 12 months
10th Doctor Series 4 - Pre-order February 2015 - Release November 2015 - 10 months
9th Doctor Series 1 - Pre-order October 2015 - Release TBC shipping from China end September 2016 - 13 months approx delayed 3 months for improved paint apps
Clara Oswald Series 7B - Pre-order March 2016 - Release TBC estimated shipping from China end January 2017

Average timing 9-10 months
Shipping from China doesn't count, it should be when people have the figure in their hands and able to enjoy them.

Shipping from China doesn't count, it should be when people have the figure in their hands and able to enjoy them.

Sideshow over a year for most 1:6 releases.
Hot Toys over a year for most 1:6 releases.
Facts not fiction.
4 years???
5 years???

Interested, only if BCS improve their paint/tailoring/everythingelse

Back