Statue HCG Ghostbusters 1/4 Slimer With Table.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j97e1

Super Freak
Reaction score
"Sir, what you had there was what we refer to as a Focused, Non-Terminal, Repeating Phantasm, or a Class 5 Full-Roaming Vapor . . . a real nasty one too."

We are proud to present the second piece in our highly anticipated line of Officially Licensed 1:4 Scale Ghostbusters statues…Slimer!

The “Ugly Little Spud” is depicted hovering over a food cart whilst gorging on the leftovers in true Slimer fashion!

This impressive statue stands 23½” tall on the highly detailed food cart display. Slimer himself is 10” tall and is expertly crafted in translucent resin for a more ghostly appearance!

For a wider variety of display options this HCG Exclusive Edition also comes complete with an additional, interchangeable Glow in the Dark Slimer that is just downright cool! That’s right you will receive both the Translucent AND the Glow in the Dark Slimers along with one food cart display!

This is an ideal companion piece to our very popular Venkman statue and upcoming Stantz statue.

This Museum Quality statue is constructed from translucent resin and heavyweight polystone and then hand painted to the finest detail.

A regular edition Slimer is also available.

Dimensions: 23½” Tall Approx.

Edition Size: 250 pieces worldwide

Availability: Pre-Order

Estimated to Ship: 1st Qtr 2017

Payment Plans Available!

Sculpted by Alterton, paint masters by Silver Surfer Lab

$399.95

Slimer_600_600_14.jpg
+++
Slimer_600_600_02.jpg
+++
Slimer_600_600_01.jpg
+++
Slimer_600_600_07.jpg
+++
Slimer_600_600_04.jpg

I Pre ordered the EX version which comes with an additional Glow in the dark Slimer.

I'm in too (EX version). Just did the damn thing! Still can't wait for the life size one to ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in for one too. Anyone else pull the trigger on this ? I like the EX as well.

I dig it,ordered

I'm in too (EX version). Just did the damn thing! Still can't wait for the life size one to ship.

The Exclusive is pretty impressive. The way I'm reading it is you get a Second Slimer Statue, but it is Glow in the dark instead of Translucent. So we get Two individual Statues instead of one. I already have some ideas on how to use the Glow in the Dark Slimer.

Last edited:
The Exclusive is pretty impressive. The way I'm reading it is you get a Second Slimer Statue, but it is Glow in the dark instead of Translucent. So we get Two individual Statues instead of one. I already have some ideas on how to use the Glow in the Dark Slimer.

Would have been super cool if they would have used the glow in the dark paint on the life size one too.

Would have been super cool if they would have used the glow in the dark paint on the life size one too.

Agreed. It seems they are using a Translucent resin for the 1/4 scale, but the Lifesize only refers to Fiberglass resin. I've worked with Fiberglass resin before, and the resin itself is clear, but depending on how fine the fiberglass is can cloud the mixture. I do feel you can still make any Fiberglass resin semi translucent so if they do that for the life size, you can use a Black light in your display cabinet for him and he will still glow.

It's such a fun time for fans of Slimer. When I look at him I can hear his voice, not so much from the movie, but from "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon :)

/

Agreed. It seems they are using a Translucent resin for the 1/4 scale, but the Lifesize only refers to Fiberglass resin. I've worked with Fiberglass resin before, and the resin itself is clear, but depending on how fine the fiberglass is can cloud the mixture. I do feel you can still make any Fiberglass resin semi translucent so if they do that for the life size, you can use a Black light in your display cabinet for him and he will still glow.

It's such a fun time for fans of Slimer. When I look at him I can hear his voice, not so much from the movie, but from "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon :)

/

Good info,lotus! Thanks. It's likely we won't see the life size one till October but I wonder what's with the Neca one? I thought Neca already released theirs, but it's awful quiet on YouTube on anyone reviewing/showing their Neca Slimer.

Anyway, really excited on this Slimer I thought I was only going to get the 1:1 one but when I saw this one it was a must for me!
I may have start or selling stuff to make room for some pretty big things I have on POD.

Happy Collecting

Max Power

Good info,lotus! Thanks. It's likely we won't see the life size one till October but I wonder what's with the Neca one? I thought Neca already released theirs, but it's awful quiet on YouTube on anyone reviewing/showing their Neca Slimer.

Anyway, really excited on this Slimer I thought I was only going to get the 1:1 one but when I saw this one it was a must for me!
I may have start or selling stuff to make room for some pretty big things I have on POD.

Happy Collecting

Max Power

The NECA one is made out of foam & Latex rubber which can degrade over time. Here is a recent video of him from someone with two proton packs :)

It looks good! The seams are there as I thought they would be probably a lot more noticeable in hands though but it's nice. So I guess we can safely then assume that it was HCG that made the decision to omit the butt crack as it appears that Neca had no problem including it in there version. What a disappointment for the HCG buyers (me), considering HCG is a lot more money and your getting a censored version of him. You should post that video on the forum for the 1:1 Slimer conversation. Thanks for sharing man, much appreciated!

Max Power

Just ordered this! Can't believe I managed to grab an Ex out of only 250! I just happened across Trading Places on tv tonight, got thinking Dan Aykroyd movies, one thing lead to another and I checked on the status of the HCG 1:4 scale Slimer I remembered hearing about months ago and there he was! Looks awesome. Can't believe you get TWO Slimer statues with the ex and one glows in the dark? This was a no-brainer pre-order.

As big as he is at 1:1, I wouldnt want to pay for half of a statue of a dinner cart.
Then at 1/4 alone, he might seem too small.

Need a 1:2!

Too big and it takes up too much real estate in my already full cave. Too little and he'll lack detail. I'm good with this size and also ordered an EX version last month.

I haven't ordered statues for a long time, but the glow in the dark tipped me over on this one. EX ordered.

This is my first piece from HCG. Anyone know how accurate their estimated release dates tend to be? Can't be worse than PCS.... can they? :(

Just about every piece I've gotten from them was in stock so not too sure. However, the Slimer 1:1 did have a delay but it wasn't too bad. I've notice in their other PODs that they have been pretty good on being in stock on time or shortly thereafter. Good luck I've got that one on order too and considering everything else I've got on POD I wouldn't mind a slight delay to catch up a bit.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got deal on the exclusive Venkman statue and opened it up yesterday. Think it looks great. Now I'm anxious to get a Slimer to go with him. Probably wait until after it's released to grab one. Just hoping the EX doesn't sell out.

Glad the next one will be Ray. They also changed the text in the product info.
Slimer is now made of translucent resin.

Glad the next one will be Ray. They also changed the text in the product info.
Slimer is now made of translucent resin.

Nice! Translucent resin appears to make statues look so much more natural, especially if it's a human character. ECC's use of this type of resin is amazing so really looking forward to this now. Too bad that type of resin was not used on the 1:1 Slimer they produced, that would have been even more awesome!

Thanks for sharing the news!

[emoji868]
Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back