Big Ass Watches

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a watch thread, and decided to make one :lol.

So, what kind of watches do you guys own? I picked up an Orient Ray Raven II automatic (self-winding) watch a few days ago. I bought a few more recently, but I'll take some pics when I have the bands re-sized.

Anyways, post your watch pics in here! And if any of you have watches from Tudor (Rolex), Omega, Hamilton, Tag, etc, please be sure to post those as well :drool

29493172156_ab6e3c86a3_z.jpg

29527794725_7ca6fb9405_z.jpg

29493172346_e8d494fb02_z.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Watch Thread

Mr. Green doesn't wear watch anymore. They tend to smell with the fabric, even metallic band.

Still have:
8532912815_c7f08c0432.jpg

Used to have one:
casio-mens-ana-digi-forester-illuminator-sport-watch-brown_181012.jpg

After my Swatch and G Shock days, I dont wear a watch anymore. Part of that was type of employment.

I told myslef that if I started to wear a timepiece again it'd be this.
article-2182161-02503C72000004B0-439_306x423.jpg

Always liked this one.

Mr. Green doesn't wear watch anymore. They tend to smell with the fabric, even metallic band.

Still have:

Used to have one:

Does the Turtle watch tell time? :lol

It's pretty easy to clean metal bracelets, and nato straps are cheap and easy to replace if they get old and smelly. I usually stay away from leather straps because they can degrade pretty quickly with sweat and oils from your skin.

Never owned a G-Shock, but I had a Timex Ironman around 20 years ago. I think it was my first digital watch, and it lasted years.

After my Swatch and G Shock days, I dont wear a watch anymore. Part of that was type of employment.

I told myslef that if I started to wear a timepiece again it'd be this.
View attachment 290915

Always liked this one.

That's a nice looking watch from Tag. I'd love to own a Swiss automatic one of these days.

Does the Turtle watch tell time? :lol

It's pretty easy to clean metal bracelets, and nato straps are cheap and easy to replace if they get old and smelly. I usually stay away from leather straps because they can degrade pretty quickly with sweat and oils from your skin.

Yeaa, you flip it up and simple digital timer below.

Casio-G-Shock-watch-MRG-121.jpg

daily beater/work watch. old skool.
i just want my watch to tell me the time. thats it.lolz

There was a Watch Thread years ago, but it seems to have disappeared.

Hardly wear a watch anymore, but I have a Movado (the third one I've owned).

G-Shocks for life. I have 9 of them.

I recently got this from their "Steel" line and it's amazing!

56bf2ec20d4585d8241ed456f14d5dc5.jpg

I prefer busy looking watches for some reason, but the pic is up close. You can barely read all that otherwise.

Casio-G-Shock-watch-MRG-121.jpg

daily beater/work watch. old skool.
i just want my watch to tell me the time. thats it.lolz

That's a good looking beater :lol. Brushed stainless steel has a really nice appearance when it's worn a bit.

watchd14.jpg

But with a phone on me all the time, a watch is just jewelry.

That's awesome :rock. When my iPhone's not being used, it's always in my jeans/pants pocket. But, I find it cumbersome to frequently take it out to check time, when I can just quickly glance at a wrist watch.

I had that transforming watch! :rock :rock

I wish I had one :(

There was a Watch Thread years ago, but it seems to have disappeared.

Hardly wear a watch anymore, but I have a Movado (the third one I've owned).

Maybe it was a Bodie watch thread... :lol

I love the clean and stylish look of Movado watches.

I have one nice watch, but never really wear it, I just use the iPhone

What brand?

Sold mine a couple of years ago...

View attachment 291202

Always have my phone so don't need a watch anymore.

That's a neat looking bracelet and watch head. Looks like links on a chain.

G-Shocks for life. I have 9 of them.

I recently got this from their "Steel" line and it's amazing!

56bf2ec20d4585d8241ed456f14d5dc5.jpg

How's the lume on that monster? :rock

Invicta gets a lot of hate, but when they do release some good watches, they knock them out of the park. I picked up a 48mm Octane from evine.com (formerly known as ShopNBC.com) on an Anniversary sale last week.

It's a pretty hefty watch, but it fits pretty snug once I adjusted the bracelet.

29570437045_2838ba427c_h.jpg

29460809452_f8c1d05d67_h.jpg

29570437105_c6b8dce8ba_h.jpg

Got another one - a black tone Invicta Grand Diver.

29626394156_55f754df0a_b.jpg

29550847192_034aa9471f_b.jpg

29550846992_82c375a6e5_b.jpg

29035393004_0e10c5886f_b.jpg

The watch has some good weight, comes with solid end-links and feels pretty substantial in quality for the price ($174). Solid stainless steel construction, comes with an exhibition back and an 18 karat gold plated cover. Although, I'm not sure why they decided to put gold plating on the back, since there's no way to show it off. I was very surprised to see a Seiko NH35A SII movement. The watch keeps time fairly well, and it's about as accurate as my slightly more expensive Orient Raven II.

Overall, it's a pretty decent diver. The black is very glossy, and the red inscriptions really pop (more than they do in the photos). But, the lume absolutely sucks, so I won't be wearing this thing at night.

Last edited:
Back