Freaks need advice - Diecast mk III or Mk VI or BD Mk III with little pink panties..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eljay360

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Freaks,
I bought a mk III and it had pink stomach and panties so I am selling it. Then I purchased a BD mk III and love it, but also has pink panties so I am thinking about returning it. Now, I could get the diecast mk III but the reviews look so so on it. I really like the BD mk III outside of the mask being a little cheesy. Love how all the weapons sink into the body like the movie though.

So now I am looking at either getting a diecast mk III for about the same money as the BD one. Or I could just say fk it on mk 3 and move onto mk 6 which everyone seems to love. So guide me freaks as I am kind of getting a little discouraged with mk 3 all together. Is the diecast so rad that it is worth it? Or is the mk 6 the one and screw mk 3 all together.....even though I love the first movie and want this character represented. But mk 6 looks rad....I dunno. thanks.

So you want advice on what you should like?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Totally! lmao. Kidding.

No I guess I was more hoping for somone to tell me that there is hope for a mk3 with consistent paint lol? Or that the "partially" diecast one was super awesome. Even though it looks like the mk VI comes with wayyyyyy more stuff and the head sculpt looks better etc.

I am just setting up the workshop diorama right now and wanted most of the original seven there. But now I am thinking **** it and to roll with:

mk VI, mk VII, mk 42, mk 43, mk 45, and maybe get a mk 9 with pepper or something, I dunno. Just kind of thinking screw hot toys early stuff as the head sculpt and paint just seem lackin to later releases. Wanted to see what more experienced collectors thought.

Collecting is difficult. There's so much cool stuff out there. Collect as many as your budget will allow. If you can have one get the one that represents your favorite movie. Although I have purchased toys that were from crap movies, but too cool to pass up (Whiplash II). BTW: I have had all three Mark IIIs. I now only have the diecast, and I love it.

The only iconic IM armor is MarkIII, all the others are... Crap!

Trouble is: you get only three of them:
- the original... But it comes with pink panties
- the BD, but in my book, any BD character is crappy as it doesn't represent a movie but just a small scene of a movie
- the die cast... Which looks awesome but is one of the worst design HT ever come up with in terms of articulation.

So, it's a difficult choice considering there is only one good film in the whole franchise and they messed up every releases. In the end buddy, make up your own mind.

I actually just got the diecast III the other day, it's a great figure even with its articulation issues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I would definitely go with the diecast mark 6.. But while you're waiting for it, you should probably pick up the 45.

Totally! lmao. Kidding.

No I guess I was more hoping for somone to tell me that there is hope for a mk3 with consistent paint lol? Or that the "partially" diecast one was super awesome. Even though it looks like the mk VI comes with wayyyyyy more stuff and the head sculpt looks better etc.

I am just setting up the workshop diorama right now and wanted most of the original seven there. But now I am thinking **** it and to roll with:

mk VI, mk VII, mk 42, mk 43, mk 45, and maybe get a mk 9 with pepper or something, I dunno. Just kind of thinking screw hot toys early stuff as the head sculpt and paint just seem lackin to later releases. Wanted to see what more experienced collectors thought.

It's a totally fair question, and this is for sure the right group to be asking! :hi5: (Get the 45!! :wink1:)

:exactly: Unless you already own the mark 45. It really is the best in class for Hot Toys IM.

Yeah, but Mark 45 is probably the ugliest design of the whole bunch. I can't believe it, with all the IM they're making, they just can't get the one that combines best look and best design. Combine MK3 beauty with MK45 articulation and you get perfection.

What do we get instead of that? A beauty as stiff as a statue and an ugly little duck that could break dance... Tsssss! The world is one big irony!:)

Yeah, but Mark 45 is probably the ugliest design of the whole bunch.

itpHDak.gif

Don't want to try and repaint?

Don't get me wrong, I'm wary of repainting too, but it seems like a lot of folks here were able to get a good colour match and have their figures looking like new again.

I don't favour diecast nor plastic, but in terms of value, I'll most likely end up going for the plastic versions.

Back