Comic Cave 1/22 AOE Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob 121

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has said anything about this. It's being released in about a month apparently. I just found out about it this week but it seems like it's made out of a whole lot of diecast. Says it's about 15" so it should scale well with the 3A DOTM, however I'm assuming the heft will make it very different. Anyway I'm excited!

https://www.comicavestudios.com/transformers-op

There is talk about it at another forum I frequent.
It's advertised as being 80% diecast, and AOE Bumblebee is next in line.
However, with Prime at 15".....these will not scale well with 3A. 3A Prime is over 19" tall.

Comicave's renditions do look cool, and being made mostly our of diecast is great!
However, the cost....ugh. $599.99 plus shipping is a bit too much to me.
If it was $399.99 I would have been all in. There are simply too many options now for me to start another expensive (import) one.
I have my hands full with 3A, 4Ever-Studio and Prime1-Studio.

Oh that's right, for some reason I remember the 3A Optimus being 16". My bad. But yeah it's $399 here in the US so I think that pretty reasonable considering the amount of diecast in it

Oh that's right, for some reason I remember the 3A Optimus being 16". My bad. But yeah it's $399 here in the US so I think that pretty reasonable considering the amount of diecast in it

Wait, what!?
$399? Where?
You've peaked my interest.

After watching the video presentation of this......it's getting difficult to resist. (>_<)

Has anyone ever done business with global holdings? If so how reliable are they? Thankd

I was thinking of ordering from them. Can you give more details of your experience. Did they try to rip you off or just not provide customer service very well to resolve item defect?

Well I pulled the trigger last night on this guy at globalholdings. Saw they had 11 in stock and over night it went to 6. So fingers crossed everything goes without problem. But if there is a problem I paid with my credit card so if I have an issue like Retaane did I'll go through my CC company to handle it.

Has anyone ever done business with global holdings? If so how reliable are they? Thankd

I just ordered through them, so I'll let you know how it goes. They have 6 still instock. Act fast though, I just saw it go from 11 to 7 yesterday so I hit the button and snagged #6. It's $429 which is a hell of a lot better than what Ebay prices are $550 and up.

I used my CC so if for some reason I have issues, I'll let my CC refund department handle it.

You will love this figure....
20161208_161357.jpg
20161208_161420.jpg
20161208_161506.jpg
20161208_161544.jpg
20161208_165527.jpg
20161208_161708.jpg
20161208_161506.jpg

So for anyone who is skeptical of global holdings. Put your mind at ease. I ordered Saturday night, got shipping notice Monday and package arrived at my door Tuesday.

Aside from the fast processing/shipping. The package was bubble wrapped, and double boxed with a lot of extra packing material to protect the box. I couldn't recommend them more!!

IMG_0897.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    601 KB · Views: 101
That looks awesome except for the peg sticking out of reach forearm. Is that so he can hold his shield?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

That looks awesome except for the peg sticking out of reach forearm. Is that so he can hold his shield?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Its supposed to be there.... See.
tmp_17062-transformers_4_aoe_optimus_prime_n__his_sword_by_dragokaiju2000-d7i9ncq1599759766.jpg

tmp_17062-290px-AOE_optimus_reformatted-1561015212.jpg

They just made it a bit longer so it would clear and not rub.
But it is in the actual design in the film.

Back