Where is the best place to buy 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nahuelins.1998

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone i was just visiting sideshow and bbts pages and im new so i started looking for other Pages and i found a loooottttttt .Now im confused,i found alter ego comics and they sell their figures cheaper and i dont understand why everyone buys from sideshow is the shiping cost lower? Which is the best place for buying this collectibles for you and why?just curious to know the opinion of more expirience collectors

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sideshow tends to be more expensive but they do offer reward points. However, after you do the math with the points the figure usually costs about the same as what everyone else is selling it at (less than sideshow). but why not just buy from the other seller and instead of getting points (money you can only spend with sideshow), just take the price difference and spend it on whatever you want? (including more figures)

In defense of sideshow they do offer a certain security that others cannot. I placed by Hulk Buster order with SS because i did not want to risk the deposit with another retailer and then have the retailer go bankrupt. Given their role in the market, sideshow is as stable as you can get. But some places have no deposit of canel fee, like BBTS as you mentioned. I suppose it's a matter of risk tolerance.

Futhermore, they have very good customer service. Returns, issues, whatever are typically handled quickly and professionally. Cant say that about everyone.

My .02.

I buy from several different sources depending on availability (some places post preorders sooner than others...so if it runs out at once place, I go to another), risk of something going wrong, or if I have the cash. I like the Sideshow payment plan for preorders. I like the Pile of Loot option at BBTS. I'm thinking of trying Prime One for some TFs, and otherwise I stick with a couple stores I use in Canada (same price but they offer free shipping for me and there is no custom/duty fees then).
For me shipping costs and crossing borders are also factors. I can't say I've had bad experiences with any of them. Where I order from depends on the context of what I'm looking for.

Sideshow. Rewards, service and the pretty much offer anything worth a flip. And they are generally ones that have exclusives.

For fast, friendly service that offers excellent value and is 100% reliable... Timcent.

It depends where you live too. If international collector, you might be hit with extra taxes and customs if ordering directly from Sideshow.

Thanks everyone
I live in argentina so taxes are really expensive thats why i buy from bbts with the pile of lot and when i travel i ship the toys to wherever country i travel (usually usa) i never used the reward points of sideshow are they a big change? Or just an easy way of swalowing their prices?i mean if you have to buy many figures to have a good discount.yeah the only reason i had for buying from sideshow is the exclusives and the payment plans.they Also have al the stock while alter ego comics runs out quikely of stock

Who is timcent? Is he a member of the forum?

I have a friend that lives in argentina and he wont even order cheap products from out of country. He tells me the customs are insane.

I cant imagine what hot toys cost you.

I order from toys2.net

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

two really good points- the exclusives and flexpay. Unique to sideshow.

I didnt want to pry but i was going to ask you where you lived. The whole international shipping and customs can get really fussy. My thought is if you can buy from a US seller and ship to a US destination, that would be best. If not, i would try to buy from a retailer in argentina. Many here have expressed a lot of issues with international shipping- service and/or cost.

Yeah its insane and you end up paying insane prices and you have to wait for months and do a 6 hours line to recieve what you baught
Here the retailers are Also very expensive i mean if you buy outside and bring it to argentina its the same price as if you buy the ítem in my country but you avoid the 6 hours line so sometimes is better
I personally buy and travel so i bring the toys with me and got lucky i passed through customs but if you are not lucky enough they will charge you half what you pay for the ítem. I recently recieved a shipment from bbts as i forgot they only hold the ítems for 180 days so they send me the toys and got stucked in customs and had to pay an extra percentage,i ended up hating the toys for all the trouble but well

Here's a rundown for Sideshow alternatives that I use:

BBTS
Pros: Variety, triple-boxing on figures
Cons: Availability not as fast as Sideshow, pricing becomes (an often high) variable on high-demand items when they hit low-quantity

Alter Ego
Pros: Rewards, low pricing, great customer service, triple-boxing on figures
Cons: Availability not as fast as Sideshow, low stock numbers

Pop Culture Zone (currently giving them a shot)
Pros: Low pricing, triple-boxing on figures
Cons: Availability not as fast as Sideshow, HUGE deposit on POs, crummy website :)

BBTS, Alter Ego and Pop Culture Zone have triple boxing on figures (figure box, brown shipper, additional box) for collectors who prefer pristine boxes. SS shipments make it out the fastest when items are available but they do not offer this extra packaging service. If I don't mind an extra delay on shipping but care about the condition of the figure's original brown shipper then I'll go with Alter Ego or BBTS.

Thanks everyone
I live in argentina so taxes are really expensive thats why i buy from bbts with the pile of lot and when i travel i ship the toys to wherever country i travel (usually usa) i never used the reward points of sideshow are they a big change? Or just an easy way of swalowing their prices?i mean if you have to buy many figures to have a good discount.yeah the only reason i had for buying from sideshow is the exclusives and the payment plans.they Also have al the stock while alter ego comics runs out quikely of stock

Who is timcent? Is he a member of the forum?

Timcent is an ebay seller from Hong Kong.He marks your goods as such you will either pay little or no import duties.Fast & well packed.I bought my Rey from him over a month ago.Very happy.

Timcent is an ebay seller from Hong Kong.He marks your goods as such you will either pay little or no import duties.Fast & well packed.I bought my Rey from him over a month ago.Very happy.

Is this Timcent: Timcent88 ? You said he marks goods to either pay little or no import duties - do you need to ask him that?

Nice review of the sites, Yeah i will keep using bbts as is the only one with pile of lot option and will try alter ego and sideshow for exclusives

My opinion:

Sideshow
You'll get your item the fastest, and you can set up a payment plan. Plus you get rewards for each item you purchase. Those are the major pluses, but there are negatives as well. Costs are usually a bit higher, and you also have to pay more for shipping than you do at, say, BBTS. They don't package their products as well either.

Big Bad Toy Store
My personal favorite place to order from because of the Pile of Loot option. If you buy more than a couple of figures a month, it's a great way to save on shipping costs and cut down on the amount of packages being sent to your door all the time. BBTS usually has good prices (cheaper than Sideshow) and even without the Pile of Loot, shipping is typically cheaper. They also have sales going on pretty regularly.

Ebay
Ebay is the sketchiest as far as getting legit figures, receiving the item, packaging, shipping speed, etc. but if you find good sellers, this is a good option for figures that have already been released. You can get lucky and find really good deals. I order from Ebay more than I do Sideshow, actually.

I haven't ordered from Alter Ego Comics, but I've heard they're great. Only downside is they take a while to get stuff in stock like BBTS, and they also run out of stock fast. Another option if you aren't ordering a Sideshow or Hot Toys figure it to order independently from the company that makes the figures. You can get your hands on exclusives that way, but they tend to make you pay the full amount upfront.

Sideshow is great because of flex pay, but honestly it doesn't really matter to me because I use PayPal credit. That's something to look into, too.

Back