Suggestions needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
Getting back into comics. Venom Space Knight is targeted to someone with intelligence of CBG. Just can't stand it even though I love Venom.

Here's what I've got on pull, lemme know what you think would be best to added to this: (I only want Marvel superheroes or a great non superheroes book)

Uncanny X-Men
Extraordinary X-Men
Captain America: Steve Rogers
Invincible Iron man
Amazing Spiderman
Detective comics
Batman
Saga (and I just buy the tpbs of invincible, chew, walking dead)
The Mighty Thor
Deadpool
The Punisher
All New Wolverine (not a big fan of this, any possible replacements?)

And boy, Morning Glories got pretty ****** when I stopped around issue 30.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I highly recommend Daredevil, he is one of Marvel's best-written characters. Great titles include:

• Daredevil: Yellow
  • Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson
  • Daredevil: Born Again (written by Frank Miller)
  • Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (written by Frank Miller)
  • Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
  • Daredevil by Mark Waid

Other great titles / runs :

• Alias (Jessica Jones) by Brian Michael Bendis
  • Ulimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis
  • Ms Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
  • Black Panther by Christopher Priest

Hope you enjoy getting back into comics!

I highly recommend Daredevil, he is one of Marvel's best-written characters. Great titles include:

• Daredevil: Yellow
  • Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson
  • Daredevil: Born Again (written by Frank Miller)
  • Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (written by Frank Miller)
  • Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
  • Daredevil by Mark Waid

Other great titles / runs :

• Alias (Jessica Jones) by Brian Michael Bendis
  • Ulimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis
  • Ms Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
  • Black Panther by Christopher Priest

Hope you enjoy getting back into comics!

Thanks. Looking for titles currently being printed.

Thanks. Looking for titles currently being printed.

Oh, sorry!

For ongoing, there are a lot of good ones: Vision (you have to give this a read), Black Panther, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, Ultimates, Old Man Logan, Spider-Woman.

To replace All New wolverine consider old man Logan. Especially if you read the first arc years ago, if not buy the trade NOW! It's not as good of a read as original but it's really the only Logan book we've got.

As far as non capes:
Manifest destiny (unique retelling of Lewis and Clark expedition but with cool creatures and monsters)
East of West (my favorite book being published right now, until Seven to Eterinty starts I reckon lol)

There's some decent moderns out there, I used to be a Marvel guy but they're making it pretty hard anymore in my opinion.

Also I've been deployed for past 6 months so all of my suggestions are as March 2016. I can't wait to get back and ready my 200+ pull :/

I've really enjoyed all the Rebirth series I've read so far, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Red Hood and even Aquaman have been really enjoyable. Batman and Detective have been fantastic.

Pretty much any new DC Rebirth story has been good. And they are cheaper so you can afford more. Plus they just restarted so you can still pick up early issues at stores.

East of West is fantastic. I've been enjoying Lazarus, as well. I agree that Morning Glories has gotten pretty twisted. I was enjoying it in the beginning, but it's really getting convoluted.

Back