My Cat Riley Finn is in the Er

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hwtyhml5hbvsh6ju4hgn.jpg

Hey everyone. On Saturday morning I found my cat Riley laying down, half lifeless, only able to look at me with his amazing green eyes. He was in so much pain that he couldn't stand or walk. I had to rush him to the ER so I could do my best to save his life. He is still there and won't be coming home yet. He needs tests every 4 hours until he is in the clear and can come home... He gets to come home if he reaches 50% recovery.

If you could read this, check out the video and pictures, help out, share, whatever, it would be a huge, huge deal to me.

Last two months have hit us hard. Car repairs, bees decided our home was the home for them to build 7 honey combs, had to fix our entire front hard, our A/C unit went out, and now Riley is in the ER. I just feel so run down and I've been trying to keep it together but I'm honestly failing.

Anything you can do, prayers and support, too...would be incredible.

Thanks all. <3

https://www.generosity.com/animal-pet-fundraising/riley-finn-s-emergency-bills

I'm glad to hear there is some improvement! What I am about to post is done with a love for animals and responsible practice with them. I hope my effort to offer suggestions on a go forward basis is not construed as malicious. I don't want to cause pain, but offer some insight on when you have an animal that is dealing with it, and dealing with it yourself emotionally.

I work with animals. It's never easy when things go poorly even if it isn't a personal member of my family. We set "endpoints" to take the subjectivity out of some decision making. You do this BEFORE reaching a point of having to make a decision. It should be based on quality of life. For example "If animal X cannot do 1, 2, or 3, then we must humanely assist them in death". Basically setting an endpoint recognizes when death is inevitable and all you're doing is helping them go peacefully. Not only is this stewardship the responsible plan for the animal, but it removes some doubt as to whether you acted as best you could in a bad situation. Make the decisions based on objective milestones BEFORE you need to, when you can. If you're at a point where the battle is being lost, the loss you feel and want to avoid may make it harder to put the animal's welfare ahead of your own.

Again, I hope he pulls through. I'm just offering some thoughts to help you if things don't go as I'm sure everyone wants them to. Set the endpoints to keep yourself in check for his sake. Fingers crossed, keep the good news coming!

I really appreciate it, all. This means the world.

Update is he needs to be in at the ER another 24-48 hours. That is an added expense. :(

All I ask is that if you can, please continue to share, and share his story. Thank you!! <3

The stay at the vet was longer than intended and so, that added up quick but the important thing is, Riley is home. While he was there, we showed him a video of his sister, this was his reaction. I recommend sticking around to the end of the video, and if it doesn't make you tear up, I'd be surprised. I was filming his sister Zoë and asking her to say hi to a friend of mine. Hi as in meow.

I'm glad to hear Riley is back home. I can't imagine what you've been through, I honestly just cannot. If my cat got sick I would bankrupt myself, ruin my credit, sell my car, do anything to make it better! She is my one best friend in the whole world.

Hang in there, it will get better!

Back