Hulu - Marvel's Runaways

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guy66657

Super Freak
Reaction score
marvel.com/news/tv/26608/marvels_runaways_headed_to_hulu

This show just got announced and I could not be more excited for this! I've been waiting YEARS for this!

Such an underrated series and group of characters. I thought this had to be around the corner since Marvel has been pushing Nico in the comics lately.

I just wonder why they're putting this on Hulu rather than on Netflix. But as long as they keep the quality of the Netflix shows then I'll be happy. Bring it on!

Kinda wondering if this will at all be connected to the MCU. I'd bet not, since none of the Netflix Marvel characters seem to be getting much love (at least we know about) from Marvel Studios and Disney for those upcoming Infinity War films (or whatever the hell they're calling them this week).

Kinda wondering if this will at all be connected to the MCU. I'd bet not, since none of the Netflix Marvel characters seem to be getting much love (at least we know about) from Marvel Studios and Disney for those upcoming Infinity War films (or whatever the hell they're calling them this week).

Well Nico's mom has been rumored to be in Doctor Strange but I'm sure it will be like the Netflix shows where it will still take place in the MCU. Get some references here and there. Plus Kevin Feige said we'd see more tv/film connectivity after Civil War but we'll just have to see.

Hulu has had some good original shows, so i'm not worried about the quality.

I enjoyed 11.22.63, Casual and started watching The Path

Hulu? sigh.. well, I guess if Marvel actually wanted people to watch it, they would have put on cable tv or (preferably) Netflix. I'll give it a download.

Hulu has some good shows so I am intrigued. Don't know anybody from the cast though.

edit, found this online:
runaways-header-1.jpg

The teaser straight up looks like the very first issue brought to life. WHich I assume will be the whole pilot. I could not be more excited and extremely happy about this adaption. I really think Brian K. Vaughn would be so proud of this. I can't wait to see what he thinks! Everyone looks on point except Chase but that's a minor thing.

I was never a big fan of the book (well written and all, I just don't like teen books), and even I'm irked by the changes made to Molly. She was the youngest of the group and always wore hates. Now, she's just a teenager, and of course, doesn't wear those "silly hats". Not to mention the name change. They turned her from Hayes to Hernadez. Not a big deal in general, but Vaughan named her after his younger sister, so it's weird to change something so trivial, when it probably meant something to the writer.

Anyway, apart from that, the leaked trailer was scene-for-scene the first issue, so it'll probably be a faithfull adaptation. I don't think I'll watch it though. Or Cloak & Dagger. For a while now I've been trying to catch every single CB-TV Show and it's become a hurdle to get through most of them. I'm not into teen drama in general, so it's not as if I'll be missing anything.

I was never a big fan of the book (well written and all, I just don't like teen books), and even I'm irked by the changes made to Molly. She was the youngest of the group and always wore hats. Now, she's just a teenager, and of course, doesn't wear those "silly hats". Not to mention the name change. They turned her from Hayes to Hernadez. Not a big deal in general, but Vaughan named her after his younger sister, so it's weird to change something so trivial, when it probably meant something to the writer.

Anyway, apart from that, the leaked trailer was scene-for-scene the first issue, so it'll probably be a faithfull adaptation. I don't think I'll watch it though. Or Cloak & Dagger. For a while now I've been trying to catch every single CB-TV Show and it's become a hurdle to get through most of them. I'm not into teen drama in general, so it's not as if I'll be missing anything.

Molly has her hat in the trailer!

I have a strong desire to punch them all in the face. DOnt think this one is for me.

Me too.

I read the book years after the fact cause I'm a big BKV fan. It was unpleasant. One of those moments when you realize "I'm old...and this is not FOR me."

I remember really hating the fat chick and the transgender stuff. Oh well. I can always go back and re-read Y: The Last Man.

I don't recall any transgender stuff being in Runaways.....unless you're talking about Xavin literally just changing his morphing appearance from a dude to a chick caaaaause Skrulls. XD

___

I'll watch (webrip of course) it for James Marsters, Julian McMahon and Raptor thingy.

Back