1/4 Full Sculpt Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aa909

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some pics of this new piece. Just arrived today.

IMG_5797.JPG

Looks great. Mine is en route.

Neck seam and where the cape attaches looks a bit more noticeable in this than the prototype. Is there any wiggle room there?

Also, would you be so kind as to post a shot of the cape from the back? I know they were re-working the "S" on the back, just want a sneak peek before mine arrives.

Overall, what are you impressions?

Neck seam and where the cape attaches looks a bit more noticeable in this than the prototype. Is there any wiggle room there?

Also, would you be so kind as to post a shot of the cape from the back? I know they were re-working the "S" on the back, just want a sneak peek before mine arrives.

Neck seam does look more noticeable, but still awesome looking. You both are lucky!

looks great! the paint especially.

I was going to go for it too, but have one from a couple of years ago that is kind of similar (standing instead of flying though).

congrats!

Yes they reworked it, it's larger and centered vs the prototype. Looks perfect

image.jpg

Overall first impression is "It's Awesome!!"

Paint apps are excellent, sculpt is perfect and the base is great. Love the full sculpt look and the overall size is formidable.
The neck and cape seams are noticeable up close, but there is some wiggle room, I may not have the cape pegs pushed all the way in yet.

Only complaint is mine leans to the right so I've propped a felt pad under the base on that side to balance it, but going to contact Andre to see what he recommends.

Yes they reworked it, it's larger and centered vs the prototype. Looks perfect

Overall first impression is "It's Awesome!!"

Paint apps are excellent, sculpt is perfect and the base is great. Love the full sculpt look and the overall size is formidable.
The neck and cape seams are noticeable up close, but there is some wiggle room, I may not have the cape pegs pushed all the way in yet.

Only complaint is mine leans a bit to the right so I've propped a felt pad under the base on that side to balance it. Looks fine, but it wouldn't be a superman statue if it didn't lean a little LOL!!

Wow, that looks considerably better than the prototype. Black lines really accentuate the shield... Although you'll never really see it, it's a nice addition (I suspect that's why SS left it off their Superman).

Let us know if you can mess with the cape pegs and head sculpt to seat them a bit further into the body.

When you say lean to the right, do you mean Supes right towards the cape, or to your right away from the cape? Hopefully the latter, if at all.

Last request, and I apologize for all the questions (just a bit stoked to get it), can you give me a size estimate on the base itself? I want it to fit in my display without having to remove any of my risers, so base, and cape-to-ground clearance will determine this.

Thanks bud. Looks incredible!

The body, cape, and base are great. The only thing that bugs me is the neck seam. Even with that, it's better than the Sideshow Christopher Reeve Superman PF.

Wow, that looks considerably better than the prototype. Black lines really accentuate the shield... Although you'll never really see it, it's a nice addition (I suspect that's why SS left it off their Superman).

Let us know if you can mess with the cape pegs and head sculpt to seat them a bit further into the body.

When you say lean to the right, do you mean Supes right towards the cape, or to your right away from the cape? Hopefully the latter, if at all.

Last request, and I apologize for all the questions (just a bit stoked to get it), can you give me a size estimate on the base itself? I want it to fit in my display without having to remove any of my risers, so base, and cape-to-ground clearance will determine this.

Thanks bud. Looks incredible!

leans to my right and away from the cape. As for clearance, I'll try to take measurement later this week, I'm running to pick up the kids at the moment from their first day in school.

Looks like the head doesn't fit properly in the body, there's a lot of gaps with an actually hole in the middle area. Not overly crazy about both portraits either... The body sculpt is pretty good though.

I don't know how much you guys paid for Supes, but if I received something that had that big of a gap between the body and head I would return it for a refund. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
I have to admit, that is a great sculpt of Superman! I like the proportions and build on this piece. The portraits look good, too.

Unfortunately, I must agree that the gap in the seam does take away from this great sculpt. If only the gap wasn't so noticeable.

Looks like the head doesn't fit properly in the body, there's a lot of gaps with an actually hole in the middle area. Not overly crazy about both portraits either... The body sculpt is pretty good though.

I don't know how much you guys paid for Supes, but if I received something that had that big of a gap between the body and head I would return it for a refund. Just my opinion though.

I have to admit, that is a great sculpt of Superman! I like the proportions and build on this piece. The portraits look good, too.

Unfortunately, I must agree that the gap in the seam does take away from this great sculpt. If only the gap wasn't so noticeable.

Here are two pics from Alfie Bolanos on Facebook. Looks like the seam is quite minimal, if at all there. Mind you, the distance of this is greater than the images posted here... I'll confirm once mine arrives.

13988295_1038372159610907_7222035542827702141_o.jpg13962915_1038372169610906_4167718133846305729_o.jpg

Judging from the comments this is a custom piece? I've never delved in customs before but how much did this thing cost and I guess the amount that is made is based on demand?

Back