Hasbro Captain America prop replica shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't realize the new Hasbro Marvel Legends full size prop replica Captain America shield was already showing up at Toys R Us, but it is and I grabbed one this week. The verdict - sweet stuff considering the low price point. Not sure that the metal won't take it's place in a couple months, but for now I'm very happy:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-081516a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Great review as usual Michael. I just can't believe that the shield comes completely exposed while in the box which allows it to get scratched up or the paint scuffed. That's just sad, especially for $100. I wonder if the aluminum one that comes out in a couple of months (and is three times the price) will be like that?

Typical Hasbro to ruin a great collector's item by cheapening out on the packaging. The ONLY job the packaging needs to do is protect the item. Making it all flashy and appealing is a very far second. If the item in the box isn't protected by the box, its already failed. I was waiting to see how this turned out before pulling the trigger. Guess I'll be waiting to see if Hasbro fixes the packaging missteps or it ever goes on clearance cheap enough to gamble on the paint. I for one would return the shield and either get my money back or a replacement. If I'm dropping 3 figures (pun intended) on a 'toy' I expect it to arrive undamaged. I can't imagine how furious people will be with the $300 one if they package it up the same way as this one. I know people will be returning those scratched up ones for sure at that price point.

But if you get a good one than you're golden for that price.

The missing line cuts at the center bug me more than the scratches. :lol

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I will pick up the metal version. I hope its a nice compromise from the King Arts versions.

It is a great item for sure. I got the 75th shield just before Christmas last year. Got a good deal before they went up in price. I have ne regrets at all and it looks amazing.

Back