1:6 Scale Gandalf's Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone...I know that Asmus had some imagery of a Cart with Gandalf the Grey in 1:6 scale at one of the toy shows...and I am not sure if they have yet to confirm development of the cart. Having said all that, I successfully built a couple carts a few years ago in 1:12 scale for the Toybiz action figures. If anyone remembers those from TheGD.com...you'll know what I'm talking about.

The reason for this thread is my attempt to gauge interest in having a 1:6 scale cart for the Asmus 12" Gandalf the Grey. We already have the BROWN horse from Asmus that would be a perfect fit for the horse...all we would need is that cart:)

Anyway...drop a note if you would be interested in having a cart to go with Gandalf. Some ideas for accessories:
Fireworks
Bilbo's Birthday Banner
Horse Tack
Bilbo's Gate
Bag End Door

If you have other ideas for 1:6 accessories...put them in as well.

Thanks!

Thought I'd drop in a few images of the Green Dragon 1:12 cart from pre-2010:
I4.jpg
I3.jpg
I5.jpg
This was attempt #1...so the detail in sorta there, but not completely...the wheels need some work.

I'm thinking a few versions actually. One would be a fully constructed, painted, version. A second version could be a KIT that has to be put together. And lastly a fully constructed, but UNFINISHED version. I have the first set of wheels drawn up (that is the most difficult, complex piece)...and have templates for everything else. Still working the detailed finishing pieces...like how to do the weave on the sides and back of the cart and how to build the horse TACK. If anyone has any ideas...please share:)

Back