Statue creators/artists question re process

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverYoung

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I'm loving some of this art to the point where I'm starting to pay attention not just to the art, but the artists themselves. As I look at listings for sale on the Sideshow site, it lists a team involved with the creation of the piece.

Can anyone comment on the process and how things gel together among different artists? For example, why are there more than one designer, painter, or sculptor? Is it one painter choosing the colour pallette and the other is working on application? Is it both of them working together? And when there are more than one artist working on an aspect of creation, do you ever run into speed bumps because you can't quite get styles or opinions to match between each other?

I must admit, in the past when I paid less attention I only noticed one artist. Pieces would list a sculptor and I assumed they did the design, scupt, paint, etc all themselves. That may well be normal for some, but I'm noticing more teams. I'd like to learn more. Care to share?

Back