Just comin' out of the shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

methos11

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've been a member here for over a year but haven't done a whole lot. My interest in 1/6 scale figures began several years ago when my father began collecting 1/6 scale World War 2 historical figures. When I was laid up with an illness for a month back in 2013 I found myself browsing more and more online and discovered a love for the detail on 1/6 figures. Being in my early 40's, I had all of the original Star Wars Action figures way back when and eventually sold off all my collections. Bad mistake.

So, now looking into this new "hobby" I've seen my collection grow to over 40 1/6 scale figures with a heavy emphasis on Star Wars and Marvel. I've enjoyed looking into custom figures and accessories and purchased a set of AMAZING cold cathode 1/6 scale lightsabers to use in my collection.

Unfortunately, my new hobby (and it IS a hobby. As George Carlin said "I have alot of interests. Not hobbies. Hobbies cost money. Interests are free") coincides with my recently being married and now commuting back and forth between Northern NJ and Long Island, NY during the week. My current living conditions don't offer the space to properly display my collection so, from time to time, I will sell off figures that I never got to see beyond the initial examination when first purchased.

But, I have finally started to put together a Star Wars 1/6 display together using a display case purchased on eBay and will eventually finally find room for my Detolf display case (I've purchased 3 for my father that he uses and my mother uses another one)

So, my most welcome wishes to everyone here in our shared love of 1/6 figuredom (not a word, huh?)

Chris

Also, as time passes, they'll eventually make a new figure that is such an improvement it's time to sell what I had. Or I just start thinking "Ok, maybe I don't NEED this figure like I thought I did."

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Chris!
wavesmile.gif

Back