ARRIVAL (2016) Sci-Fi; Directed by Denis Vlleneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GasparZizou

Super Freak
Reaction score
New Sci-Fi by Sicario's Denis Velleneuve, based on Nebula Award winning short story: Story of Your Life.

When multiple mysterious spacecraft touch down across the globe, an elite team is put together to investigate, including language expert Louise Banks (Amy Adams), mathematician Ian Donnelly (Jeremy Renner), and Colonel Weber (Forest Whitaker). Mankind teeters on the verge of global war as everyone scrambles for answers – and to find them, Banks, Donnelly and Weber will take a chance that could threaten their life, and quite possibly humanity.

Hmmmmm.......looks interesting. Anyone read the story?

I'd be disappointed if Jodie Foster's dad came walking out. :lol

I have it in my backlog and was actually planning to read it any time soon, now I'll wait till after the movie to read it so I don't have any expectations, but it supposedly deals with very interesting topics, like linguistic relativity; the way language shapes our perception of reality.

I saw this trailer today at work. Definitely interested. Looking forward to it. Bring on the grays.

I read the short story (39p) its very brainy and bittersweet.
Reminded me of Mr Manhattan Mars scene.
There is no action, its slow paced, and none of the world in danger stuff they talk about in the movie synopsis.
Really wonder What they made of it. A director i know seem to have read it and said it was a good script.

Looks very intriguing- glad it's not the "aliens want to take over world" crap again.....!

I have it in my backlog and was actually planning to read it any time soon, now I'll wait till after the movie to read it so I don't have any expectations, but it supposedly deals with very interesting topics, like linguistic relativity; the way language shapes our perception of reality.

That's an interesting take on identity as well, especially for aboriginal peoples who are speaking their native tongue less and less as time goes on. Large parts of their vocabulary (spoken knowledge) with no english translation.

Looks interesting, another Childhoods End of sorts maybe.

Trailer shows too much(at least I hope not)...so they turn out to be nice misunderstood aliens....ughhhhh
Looks stunning though and I will be there day one!

I watched the teaser last week and the Paramount trailer this morning. Hope I don't see anymore until I walk into a cinema in November to see the full film. From here on out, I want to avoid more trailers and tv spots cause this just looks like something that would benefit from the less you know, the better.

Back