POLL: Dolls? Action Figures? Poseable Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1:6 scale figures... What are they?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK. Lets put this to the community.

1:6 scale figures... Are they "dolls"? Are they "action figures"? Are they "poseable statues"? WHAT!!!???

I am afraid that dengar4000 will have to abide by these results for all eternity.

I said dolls, but I really don't care. I just didn't want to say anything against Bannister. :D

I don't think it matters at all in the grand scheme of things, and while it makes for a lively discussion, in the end the choice of what you call your figures is entirely up to you. The term "doll" has been around for a very long time and still covers a lot of territory, but newer terms and definitions will very likely take its place eventually. :D

I still consider them action figures... but they are kinda dolls as well. It falls somewhat in the middle between the two... but just slightly more on the action side. Maybe just call them action dolls to satisfy all parties.

I just guess people are afraid of being girly if their shelf is full of dolls. Don't worry about sex role stereotyping! Its bad enough to collect this stuff we waste 1,000' of dollars on... no need to be fearful of a title :lol

Dolls. Sorry, but dolls came first and, technically, if it's clothes are removable, it's a doll. Action figures didn't come along until the 60's, like hippies and LSD.

I don't care what you call them, but I think what people "feel" others will think of them affect how they see themselves and therefore color their choice of words accordingly. If you just don't worry what others think about you or what you do, then what they are called is entirely moot! I usually just refer to them as figures, since that is what they are.

I voted dolls, but I really should have voted #4!!!

We all know in our hearts, whether we admit it or not, that they are dolls.

well i put poseable statues.. because when theyre up on my shelves, that's essentially what they become, ad they're certainly of a high enough quality and appearance. Action figures for me a more 7" plastic things that you play with... and i really dont play with these

but....

at the end of that day.... who cares?? :lol

Well, after thinking about for a while, I've changed my mind...

Bannister does indeed suck. :rock

As dolly as dolly can be. Don't feel bad, though. I have 5 James Bond dolls coming in the next few weeks.

Just cause they're dolls doesn't mean a dude can't enjoy 'em.

sladesuperagent said:
Dolls. Sorry, but dolls came first and, technically, if it's clothes are removable, it's a doll. Action figures didn't come along until the 60's, like hippies and LSD.

That doesnt make sense considering the first action figure ever had removable clothing. I think if 1/6 figures are dolls then all figures are dolls.

Morgan the Raider said:
Just cause they're dolls doesn't mean a dude can't enjoy 'em.

Right! They are "Dolls for Dudes!"

_41435163_actionman_other_203.jpg

I was going to put that I don't care (what's in a name?), but I don't hate Bannister so I voted action figures. But really, are we so caught up in semantics that we have to get all in a huff over some unimportant nomenclature? I just play with them is all. :rolleyes:

Back