OMG just got my Control Center Diorama and WOW! So Stoked!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eljay360

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Guys, just got the MadBox Models control center and I think I am in love. Asked some guys here about it the other day and most hadnt seen or heard of it so I wanted to show you guys how fkn cool this thing is....

Attachments

• 20160806_022547.jpg
    20160806_022547.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 546
  • 20160806_022510.jpg
    20160806_022510.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 20160806_022414.jpg
    20160806_022414.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 535
  • 20160806_022406.jpg
    20160806_022406.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 544
  • 20160806_022346.jpg
    20160806_022346.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 539
Yes, this was mostly talked about in the Maria Hill thread...I don't think there was ever a separate thread. Glad you got it and enjoy it. It's truely a great diorama.

I have been looking for something just like this! Where did you purchase it from? How much if you don't mind me asking? I tried looking for their website, but it says the account has been suspended...

Great display!

I have been looking for something just like this! Where did you purchase it from? How much if you don't mind me asking? I tried looking for their website, but it says the account has been suspended...

Great display!

I got this one off of ebay and got a pretty smoking deal. I got the control center and a custom agent coulson for $220. When i researched it I found that these were going new for about $225 - $250. There have only been 2 of them to sell on ebay in months so they appear to be pretty rare. Right when I saw it I instantly snatched it up lol. I just fell in love with the way it looked and fact that it can go on a detolf shelf.

Alright! 7even Toys Delivered! Got this guy for a great price too, and WOW!

This thing has many metal (diecast?) parts, clever wiring and tubing, and comes with everything you need. Paint job isn't the greatest, but hardly noticeable as there aren't many to begin with. I didn't get a chance to set up the whole thing, so I'll post pics and unboxing next chance I get.

Let's get the bad stuff out of the way...

Finally got home to assemble this guy annnnnnd... right out of the box one of the control panel handles (the area you slide the acrylic display on) was bent and trying to bend it back broke it off completely. Additionally, the ports that the control panels plug into are made specifically for their side, but mine were reversed so the left panel would fit on the right and vice versa. This created a very cramped backwards look. Luckily I was able to disassemble the whole thing and swap the ports.

At first everything felt very sturdy and durable, but that's only because it's metal. After enough handling I felt the metal used was of low quality, easy to bend, dent, or break. ALMOST everything is held on with friction. This made disassembling it very easy, but also made it feel a bit cheap.

The displays slide into the panels easily for the most part. Some fit tight (one won't fit), and some very loose. The panels tilt foward and back, but their weight can cause the whole panel to tilt back and down, causing the displays to slide right out.

So that's the bad... the good is once it's all set up (which aside from my issues, was very quick and easy), it looks beautiful. The pics make the panels seem too bright, but it looks better in person. As long as you don't fuss with it too much, the fragility isn't and issue. These are after all, adult collectibles. I'm still glad I picked up this rare gem. Got it for $120 + $40 shipping from https://seventoys.alphac-group.com/ but it was the very last one. Despite all the setbacks, it displays great and just barely fits into a detolf.

DSC_3144.jpg
DSC_3148.jpg
DSC_3149.jpg

You can see one port is silver and the other black. One panel can fit into both ports, but the other only in one, which is why i had to swap them.

DSC_3152.jpg
DSC_3154.jpg

Popped the top off; was held by metal rods and friction. The grates bend like thin plastic, but are metal, ¡cuidado! You can see the port I'm swapping right in the middle. The inside looks cool though, almost like it could be it's own diorama setup.

DSC_3156.jpg
DSC_3161.jpg

my grubby mitts left prints all over the displays >_<

DSC_3171.jpg
DSC_3174.jpg

Corgi for scale.

DSC_3181.jpg

I got this one off of ebay and got a pretty smoking deal. I got the control center and a custom agent coulson for $220. When i researched it I found that these were going new for about $225 - $250. There have only been 2 of them to sell on ebay in months so they appear to be pretty rare. Right when I saw it I instantly snatched it up lol. I just fell in love with the way it looked and fact that it can go on a detolf shelf.

Sounds like you purchased that from me! I'm glad you enjoy it! Makes me happy to see a fellow collector happy with something I sold them. Only thing is, You could've of left a brother some positive feedback! LOL, that sure would help me out.

Back