HT level of detail?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AvidCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
s-l500.jpg
It's one of the better sculpts I've seen. If anyone wanted to make a Jane to go with a Thor I guess you could use the HS.
The way the eyes are painted and the overall look remind me of HT.

That's a great head sculpt for a Natalie Portman!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Would make a really good jane kitbash. I'd say go for it if you want to make a jane for thor. Looks JUST like the actress with something a TINY bit off.

My first take is I see a mix of Portman (face/eyes) and some Jennifer Garner (jawline).

I think we all can agree it could be "better"... but that said, considering it's 3rd party, we don't have a jane sculpt, and this is about as accurate to portman as any number of our widow's have been to scarlett (don't get me wrong, I still love the figure), this would be a good custom to build. It helps that she has a mole.

The first person I saw was Portman when I first looked at the sculpt before reading the OP's description and confirming that's who it indeed is.

As far as HT, not everything 1/6 scale has to be HT. HT generally is the best in terms of detail and accuracy, yes, but I go for the best 1/6 scale representation of a character regardless of who makes it. Sometimes, that's not always HT. Something doesn't always have to be HT made in order for it to be considered good or the best.

The first person I saw was Portman when I first looked at the sculpt before reading the OP's description and confirming that's who it indeed is.

As far as HT, not everything 1/6 scale has to be HT. HT generally is the best in terms of detail and accuracy, yes, but I go for the best 1/6 scale representation of a character regardless of who makes it. Sometimes, that's not always HT. Something doesn't always have to be HT made in order for it to be considered good or the best.

They don't. They're just the gold standard in terms of quality though so they've built up that reputation.

:goodpost: I agree. People view HT as the ultimate expectation for 1/6, I also know there are other companies that have good if not better likenesses of celebs, actors, etc.

Great post. There are indie sculptors out there who definitely have made some better sculpts than Hot Toys has.

:exactly: Snyderman has a great Bill Murray that I know I would prefer over if HT ever decided to do a Ghostbusters line.

This Fassbender one could use a little more work in terms of likeness probably, the suit is very good though for likeness :D
4__58779.1452510640.1000.1200.jpg
Edit: I just found this pic and it's a very close likeness hair probably needs to be way darker though but yeah.
230915_115048_CxwM9Ama_imcQT6.jpg

Back