Kids Logic 1/6 Robotech Character License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wah

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just picked up on this even though I believe it was reported a few days ago. Rick Hunter is the scheduled first release. As reported by figures.com " latest announcement is an incredible line of 1/6 scale action figures from Hong Kong-based Kids Logic! Rick Hunter will be headlining the new series which will bring Robotech characters to the world of 12 inch toys with great sculpts, full articulation, real cloth uniforms, and interchangeable parts and accessories like flight helmets".

rickhunterrobotech.jpg
13737647_10153562952087610_9159269815643714654_o.jpg
13909214_10153562952082610_683652514513204628_o.jpg

This might tempt me. I grew up devouring Robotech, and would love some 12" representatives. I wonder how deep they'll go? Certainly Roy and Max, but what about Lisa, Gloval, Kyron...

13912416_10153838970498693_4683829510291169641_n.jpg

Wow! Rick looks fantastic! Max was always my favorite but I could imagine a shelf with Roy, Rick, Max and Miriya in their flight suits on the shelves no problem. $900 HKDollars is $115 according to the Google exchange rate so I'm in there too.

:lol Ben depends on overall cost and how often they're released :lol

This might tempt me. I grew up devouring Robotech, and would love some 12" representatives. I wonder how deep they'll go? Certainly Roy and Max, but what about Lisa, Gloval, Kyron...

Wow! Rick looks fantastic! Max was always my favorite but I could imagine a shelf with Roy, Rick, Max and Miriya in their flight suits on the shelves no problem. $900 HKDollars is $115 according to the Google exchange rate so I'm in there too.

You guys are leaving out a pretty important character:

Minmei_Lynn_5_large.jpg

We'll probably see half a dozen different figures of her.

And even though I'm primarily a "Macross" guy I'd be very tempted to pick up a Dana and Zor just since they were so cool in the opening intro of every episode. :lol

You guys are leaving out a pretty important character:

Minmei_Lynn_5_large.jpg

We'll probably see half a dozen different figures of her.

And even though I'm primarily a "Macross" guy I'd be very tempted to pick up a Dana and Zor just since they were so cool in the opening intro of every episode. :lol

While she was integral to the story, Minmei really started to annoy me through the show.

I would definitely love some Southern Cross characters, especially in their armor. And any of the Cyclone riders from New Generation would be great too.

Wow it looks really good ! I am slightly confused though. Why does it say Macross Rick Hunter ? Its either Robotech Rick Hunter or Macross Hikaru Ichijo right ? Or does it refer to the macross saga maybe ...

Wow it looks really good ! I am slightly confused though. Why does it say Macross Rick Hunter ? Its either Robotech Rick Hunter or Macross Hikaru Ichijo right ? Or does it refer to the macross saga maybe ...

There's a Harmony Gold logo so it must be Robotech. The fact that it says Macross actually does suggest that they'll be making figures from multiple genenerations (Macross, Southern Cross, and New Generation.)

While she was integral to the story, Minmei really started to annoy me through the show.

I would definitely love some Southern Cross characters, especially in their armor. And any of the Cyclone riders from New Generation would be great too.

OMG yes! Dana in her Tank armor and Scott in his Cyclone gear! If that ever happened it'd make for one super happy nerd right here! :pray: I've always dreamed of someone making the Cyclones in 1/6. I'd donate a kidney to make that happen. :lol

Bring on Minmay. Then maybe I'll consider some of the other Robotech characters. At least the ones that got involved in a lot of action.

For everyone getting super excited here, a word of warning. KidsLogic is a company that has absolutely no problems starting a line with no intention of finishing it, even if they announced or even showed the prototypes of the products. Buyer beware.

For everyone getting super excited here, a word of warning. KidsLogic is a company that has absolutely no problems starting a line with no intention of finishing it, even if they announced or even showed the prototypes of the products. Buyer beware.
Just out of curiosity, which line are you talking about and what product did you have problem with?
I have their floating Delorean and am happy with it.
Planning to get their Mazinger and Aliens items. Enlighten me if you know something we don't so that we can dodge the trouble.

Just out of curiosity, which line are you talking about and what product did you have problem with?
I have their floating Delorean and am happy with it.
Planning to get their Mazinger and Aliens items. Enlighten me if you know something we don't so that we can dodge the trouble.

Saint Seiya Burning Cosmos Collection. They produced 8 figures, showed protoypes / concept arts for others in the line, then never bothered to finish the line (complete line would require 12). Nowadays they still post from time to time pictures of the released ones, as if teasing the collectors about what they'll never get. They refuse to answer comments or questions on their Facebook page about when/if more will be eventually released.

Also, had issue with missing parts in one of them, in the box, and it was difficult to get in touch with customer service to get a replacement.

I wouldn't recommend them.

Well this would be my first product from them. They have one chance to do right or lose my support. Till they show me otherwise I won't judge yet. So far my communications with them have been good so far.

I'm not trying to defend them in any way, but it sounds like the sales just declined as they get to the 8th one in the series and either decided to stop or put it on a hold.
Hot toys is also doing the same thing for many of the license line (Alien/Aliens, 66 Batman, BvS batmobile, Even some Star Wars vehicles) They release a-2 item + prototypes, and stop if the sales doesn't meet their expectations.
I guess it's just a common marketing mistakes that consumer has to pay the price

Back